Et tu Brute? Or rather, Et tu Costco?

Another retailer cowers to the libs
https://finance.townhall.com/columnists/charlierichards/2018/05/14/draft-n2480746

6 Likes

Geez that’s sad. Why can’t a firearm retailer donate money to a good cause? Shame on you costco.

8 Likes

thank you very much, mquinn55. I did not know about Costco, but am glad I do now.

Now, I don’t have to renew my membership with Costco.

What’s the scoop on Walmart and Sam’s Club?

5 Likes

Good question! Every one of my dollars is a vote.

6 Likes

I personally have not heard anything anti-gun about Walmart or Sam’s Club on a corporate level. Others have mentioned Walmart in other threads but I’m unaware of any specifics.

5 Likes

switchpod: great way of thinking!

mquinn55: Thanks for the feedback. From what I have seen, Walmart tries to do the right thing, and mostly gets it right. They are a general store, so we should not expect them to be as tuned in as a local gun store, but they sure beat the heck out of what Dick’s Sporting Goods has and is doing.

4 Likes

Accidental necro deleted.

3 Likes

Chicken

3 Likes

For the record and I would gladly supply pictures if need be…
I live in the heart of gun country and Wal-Mart corporate has ordered every Wal-Mart in my driving range (100 miles or 20 stores) to stop carrying anything other than hunting shotguns and shotgun gear.
Thats my post, i missed that this thread was from 2018 and it made my response invalid because everyone knows that Wal-Mart has gone full left.

10 Likes

I was also going to agree with you, wal mart has done the same here. and we are a gun state. they are opening up a Costco here sometime, I will be sure not to go in there. probably wasn’t going to anyway.

10 Likes

Walmart is chinamanmart
F 'em where they breathe.

11 Likes

I plan to keep my Costco membership, because the only other option is Sam’s Club. Lesser of two evils I guess.

7 Likes

@SteelPinger

How is Costco the lesser of 2 evils?

At least Walmart still sells some guns and ammo. Does Costco sell any guns or ammo? I don’t think so!

7 Likes

Maybe they have a better greeting team?

6 Likes

They treat their staff better
They pay their staff better
They have more quality USA made products
They buy more from local/regional farmers

It’s true that Costco doesn’t sell guns or ammo, but they never did in the first place. They sell very few sporting goods in general, because it’s not part of their business model.

There’s a documentary out there about the history of Costco. I’ll post a link if I can find it.

5 Likes

@SteelPinger

Fair enough. I have learned something about Costco I didn’t know before. However, originally from mquinn55:

Also, I like the fact that Walmart still sells guns and ammo. And for that matter, they have (had?) a nice collection of knives - especially Gerber knives - for sale.

5 Likes