Ever had to draw your ccw weapon?

I done kilt the whole site.

6 Likes

I have had to pull my gun twice . The first time was in Colorado we were on the east side of Denver and sto ped for gas and a seeg break my wife took the girls in and I was pumping gas when a colored guy walked up and said he needed my wallet I told him it was in the car and he told me to get it and showed me a knife I reached in the window and got my 686 and clocked the hammer and asked him if he really wanted it he said no and ran off. The second time I had a meth head show u p at my door and when I went to call the sheriff he walked in the house and was meet with a .45 in his face I held him on the porch until they got there 20 min. Later

10 Likes

Never had to, and pray I never have to.

7 Likes

Yes, I posted a video on it

7 Likes

Stopped at a red light in Indianapolis. Guy tried to get in the passenger door. Pulled my S&W 36 out of the consloe and pointed it at the window. He changed his mind. Light changed and i drove off.

9 Likes

Meth heads are scary. They are wacked out of their minds and very unpredictable. Fortunately, they are easy to spot. LOL

methhead

5 Likes

Mugshot pic explains why @Joe-Bob has been mia…

5 Likes

where’s that vid?

5 Likes

no bounty here that I know of but I thought I heard fair game all the time - no permission needed in NC

6 Likes

That’s honestly how I envision @Joe-Bob too. Kind of like that pissy redhead on knights tale

5 Likes
5 Likes

I had to one time against coyotes as well last October. I was doing some target shooting with my .22 PCP airgun. I was walking out to my target and heard some running though the woods on the hill to my left. Didn’t think anything of it til I heard one of them howl. So started looking up there though my scope and I spotted 3 of them. I watched for a minute on the hill didn’t think of them as a threat, just thought it was strange they were out because it was still a couple hours til sunset. Then one had spotted me and came running down the hill. It was about 125-150 yards away from me and I was 50 or so yard from my truck. So I shot at it once with my airgun once it got under 100 yards away thinking that would scare it off. Guess it didn’t hit close to it because it didn’t react and kept coming. So I dropped the airgun and drew my CZ 75 Compact and fired 4 shots as I started moving towards a tree to my right. I hit at least once as it some what stopped before slow running back some what the way it came. The other ones never came down the hill from what I remember. Once it was gone I went grabbed my rifle and ran to my truck. I wasn’t about to track it from the blood trail.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t have expected that either but appreciate you sharing to remind me wild is wild

4 Likes

I guess wild is wild, but sometimes wild is rabid too… Unless that’s included

5 Likes

no, that’s compounded as an additional danger

6 Likes

The subject of the thread threw me. I didn’t draw it so much as just use it, happens frequently. Firearms are just one tool that we use. We have them the way some folks have a penknife.

At the time my place of employment said we couldn’t have guns on the property, but were they ever going to search my car? No. I wasn’t going to ever allow it. So I kept my Ruger Sec’ 6 in a military mechanics bag and outta sight on the passenger side on the floor.

The 1st time I could have used it I didn’t. There was a very sick fox on the road, not going much anywhere, just with a strange look and wobbling as it sauntered. I slowed down and stopped and he remained in the road. I got home and called the game warden. He went up one side of me and down the other since now he had to pound the puckerbrush looking for the rabid fox. He told me in no uncertain terms to next time kill it and let him know where it was. Point made.

On the way to work one day @ zero dark thirty a deer that was car struck was on the side of the road and a woman was waiting for the game warden to come and let her know that she could have it. It can take quite some time for one to show up and the deer was clearly suffering. One to the head finished it’s agony. I asked her to forget the type of vehicle, yada, yada and I heard nothing back. Another time there was a clearly sick raccoon in broad daylight on the side of the road. I stopped and it didn’t try to leave. I put that one down also and called the game warden to tell him what I had done and where to find it.

To the best of my memory that’s it for the CCW gun; all 4 legged animals. There have been many others on the homestead. I live rurally and firearms as tools get used frequently.

Again, not the CCW gun… Then there was the time a year and a half ago in late May ‘18 where a cop killer was “in the backyard” making his escape. In cold blood he walked up to the officer and shot him in the head. For 4 days I lived with a bullpup 5.56 slung across my body as I did chores and such. We woke up to the first day of the manhunt right in the backyard and adjoining thousands of wooded acres, and overhead, and in my dooryard. There was a k9 unit, a tac’ squad, and an armored vehicle out our windows. We had no reason to go out, but if we had we would have had to go through a roadblock. It was an “interesting” time and I was on the national news (ABC) for all of 5 seconds*. On the 3rd day I was at my neighbors talking while they were working on heavy equipment and another neighbor was there with a holstered handgun and me with the bullpup and a hovering chopper checking us out. During that time there were literally hundreds of officers pounding the brush looking for the killer. Our quiet road was bumper to bumper parked cop cars and trucks. The anti-gunners in the city have no clue what the rest of the nation undergoes. They just think its rainbows, glitter, and unicorns. If their support system ever crashes they’re in really deep sh… doo-doo.

*Long enough to get my face on the TV and to say,“He has more to worry about from us than we have to worry about from him.”, meaning the killer. They wanted me to pose with the rifle but I wasn’t going to give them that to misuse and I told them exactly why It was staying beside the door, inside, and not coming out.

7 Likes

I couldn’t tell if it had rabies or anything like that, but I told my buddy that has a bit of experience hunting coyotes about it and he said if they’re out that early in the day usually it means they have something wrong with them.

6 Likes

back when i was 12, me and my family had someone coming up to the house at night slapping posters on our home saying go to sleep with a picture of the grim reaper we called the police and let them know, fast forward a week or two it did not stop and i woke up to the sound of someone trying to knock the front door in.

little did the poor soul know i was sleeping with my 20 gauge and a bucket full of sabots from hornady tbh its all i had as of being a deer hunter, due to the posters being slapped on my family’s house i was one tuned up kid.

turned on the light in my room slung the barrel around the corner and seen some black lightning through the window in my front door of the person running away, that night was also a phone call to the police with an added boot print on my front door as evidence for them.

never had that problem again.

thats my story.

4 Likes

Had a black hooker get in my car at a light when i was a teenager. didn’t have a gun then. wouldn’t have pulled it on her anyway.

4 Likes

Dicks

5 Likes