Ever had to draw your ccw weapon?

Did you pullout the love-gun?

6 Likes

Doubtful, that was before “Rawlanda” became “Rick”…

6 Likes

Quite a while back, a BIG ol’ boy decided he was going to put a hurtin’ on me with his rodeo belt buckle, and his buddies where right behind him.
I pulled the Gold Cup out with my right hand and the snubby out with my left, both at low ready, more or less. The fun part was him walking away, trying to hold his pants up. Man, I wish I had video of it.

10 Likes

Nice lol, nothing says kick rocks like a .45

9 Likes

Or 9mm :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

To the OP’s question, I have no comment. :no_mouth:

That’s odd. I’ve stumbled across many a pack of coyotes around here. In every instance when they catch a glimpse of me they punch out as fast as possible -the whole lot of 'em. They’re so skittish and scared they don’t even look back at least as far as the eye can see them high-tailing it away.

Maybe they’re a different kind of breed around these parts, but they’re not much bigger than a fox and very frail looking. I’m guessing I could take a dozen or so by hand if they ever decided to team up and come at me. :skull_and_crossbones:

Were you using stink bait?

8 Likes

I remember that well it was not to far from where I live. The last time I pulled a gun it was not my carry gun, heard a noise up against the back of the house and grabbed a shotgun and light and went to check it out. Went around the corner of the house and there was a bear about 30 feet away, fortunately he wandered of without incident, but the wife was a mite jumpy for a few days after

13 Likes

LOL.
I was born bred and worked in the cory booker memorial zoo and cemetery.
Delivered fuel oil - cash only when I was 22-23 in the zoo.
Mr Remington Rand was my co driver.
Worked and managed the recycling plant F/T + P/T in the zoo , Cash for scrap.
Mr Colt always watched over us.
Good thing I never had to defend myself. :wink:newark (2)

11 Likes

Unless I miss my guess you’re referring to Newark, NJ.

At one time I lived in Pequannock/Pompton Plains and got to know folks on the shooting team that we all competed on. One gent delivered papers to various stores. He told some pretty interesting stories about what he went through involving a Browning P35 during the riots of the '60s in Newark .

11 Likes

My Dad was FD during the “uprising”
That’s what the Nitwits call it now. :rofl:

I know for a fact his WWII + Korea Vet Firefighters had the best armed Engine Co in the city.

11 Likes

Twice, and neither time the other person knew, and I did not show… Both times I drew from the vehicle mount thinking “shit”.

9 Likes

Same here. I have encountered a couple of road rage jerks over the years. I never had to draw or anything, but I definitely had concerns about my safety. You never know. There’s lots of crazies out there on the roads.

9 Likes

Not sure i follow, you pocketed it? Or just no need to have it?

3 Likes

My vehicle mount is the SA holster I bolted to my center console in the Yukon. I drew it but I was not going to point it at him and squeeze off rounds unless he did more.

8 Likes