EVOO home made dressing

So today I decided to try something new. Mixed up 3 parts EVOO and 1 red wine vinegar. Little pink salt and black pepper turns. Kinda bitter. Added some Appple cider vinegar. Better. Any tips?

put a garlic clove in it

Thanks!
I can’t believe I didn’t think of that!

Whenever something tastes bitter, it usually means it’s alkaline. To counter that add an acid. Vinegar or lemon juice works well.

I would second @Robert ‘s suggestion on the garlic and maybe also add some basil and onion powder, maybe a pinch of sugar- just a pinch though.

Thanks! This whole experiment was started to avoid soy oil and go to something more heart healthy. Tips appreciated!

This is what I make mine with. Originally my great grandmother’s recipe, than grams, my mom, now me. Each generation changing ingredients slightly to suit personal taste.

Thank you!

I switch up different vinagers or oils… I also switched the suger to stevia lately, I love the taste & less calories

I forgot to mention, according to the safety inspector from the Crisco oil company that I spoke to a few years back, the dressing I make using grated cheese in it should last about a week in the fridge. If you ommit the grated cheese, it should store approximately 2 weeks in the refrigerator.