FAL vs AK vs AR vs other ( vs. thread 2.0 )

I have magpul rail covers over ladder style rail covers. I just cutout a spot for my accessories. I like the weight up front.

3 Likes

I’ll chime in… I love the FAL… Love the FN FNC too… but, I go back to bulpups…
Hahahahaaa

4 Likes

It would take a LOT of money to get this away from me… this is my first AR magazined weapon. My first semi auto rifle was an AUG…
By the way, love the SP90 (P90) I just think it is highly over priced like most FN rifles are now.

LITTLE STINGER is a select fire now and it a total hoot. Love the round too

5 Likes

What exactly is that top one?

2 Likes

FN FNC PARA
It is the FAL little brother. Like an AK and an AR had a thing… and this was the result. It is actually really badass. Best of both in many respects. It even has an adjustable gas system you can do on the fly. Very cool in my book. You can still get them… they are around 4k for a well used one.

6 Likes

That why I tell people to get one of these.

A lot cheaper than finding a FN FNC in my opinion.

If you have 4K to blow be my guest. I just rather spend more on ammo!

3 Likes

I thought it was an FNC, I was curious what company made it? FN,SA , Imbel etc.

2 Likes

FN made them at first. I forget who has them as a military rifle now. They have seen some upgrades of the decades, but basically the same rifle.
As for a modern equivalent, Robinson Armory comes second or the IWI Galil ACE. Though the ACE is just a better AK… by a LONG shot. The Robinsons Armament is a hybrid and works extremely well. Yes, you can even shoot them underwater. They are also under $2k

2 Likes

Not quite sure it says I am not replying back to anyone given question. I do use the arrow… maybe it is my phone. Hahhahahaa

2 Likes

If it’s the very last post you are replying to, it is assumed that is who you are replying to. I hit the arrow here and it doesn’t show I’m replying to you.

2 Likes

But here I hit the arrow in the second to last post and it does show up.

2 Likes

Oh… I see. Well then, that makes sense! Thanks! Hahahha

1 Like

The endless debate. Hahhaha but as you can see, the Robinson Armament has more of an AK styled bolt compared to the AR… big advantage of the AR is parts and support. It is the Chevy small block of guns. The Jeep… the Harley… the barbie doll of weapons.

With a 10 round mag

4 Likes

I like the looks of them, its all apples to oranges to me. Logistics should be a consideration unless its just for a collection. I have went through phases where I wanted the latest and greatest stuff but in the end, for me, its about logistics.

I still dont exactly see what a Galil has over a milled AK like a VEPR, is it more modular? Are barrel swaps easier? The accuracy seems similar with the same calibers.

1 Like

I will still buy a couple more non AR semi auto 5.56s after I buy up some AR stuff though.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: AK , Galil or other AK variant?

I think the PS90 is well worth the price I paid for a new one ($1,350) in my opinion. It really has exceptional build quality and the fit and finish is impeccable plus it managed to exceed my VERY high expectations. Something almost nothing does. The Five-SeveN pistol however is a bit overpriced that I’ll concede—I still really want one. Either way, overall, I love FN’s products price notwithstanding.

Oh and I’m a huge fan of the 5.7x28 cartridge as well. I wonder how awesome it is on the AR platform with those upper conversions I’ve seen. :cowboy_hat_face: I’d love to go shoot one.

5 Likes

Compare a P90 to an AR… a P90 should cost 600 msrp… same with the Five Seven have you seen FN new rifle? Just a hair under $5k
They are smoking crack… even HK is not that arrogant. I owned plenty of both brands, work on both. If one company can make a outstanding weapon for 1/2 the cost, then what does that say about the over priced company? Yeah…

1 Like

Some years ago I wanted a 30 rd pistol and the PMRs were sold out, found some of these instead.

:hugs:

7 Likes

Speaking of variants… that Robinson Armament is a variant of an AK… and AR… and a FN… hahahhaa
I will try to do a video at some point on them. Difficulty is that it is only me and I need a way to set up my phone. One handed operation sucks. Hahhaha
Now while I have an advantage that I have many firearms… what I do not have is plenty of ammo.
So getting back on track, one of the reasons I like to stick with the common stuff. 7.62x39 is actually a great cartridge. Steep angle sidewalls, great for steel case or dirty conditions… and… still relatively cheap. Large enough cartridge to take down game and punch holes in cars.
I have 3 variants of the AK… An Arsenal, a Sig 556R, and the Galil… hands down, the Galil is a better handling weapon. But it is expensive. For the most part you can buy 2 cheap AKs for one Galil. :thinking:
Then I go back to reliably… yeah… Galil!
But I remember when a SKS and most AKs would dirt cheap on the used market. Not so much any more. I am actually sort of surprised we do not see more used guns showing up at the shop.

3 Likes