"Favorite 1911's'' . . . > Picture thread <

The talo sr1911 https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/719002118/redirect

2 Likes

@JohnB It’s their Mil Spec line so I don’t believe so. I just take a damn good picture. :grin:

2 Likes

ThisOldGun:

Yes, you did.

Thank you.

2 Likes

jf89:

Interesting!

I guess I am somewhat fixated on the SR1911 in 10 mm (for any of the SR1911’s, that would most likely be the one I would get). I just don’t have any 10 mm guns now, and I already have quite a few calibers, so not sure I want to go that route (buying the SR1911 in 10 mm).

I have had 2 full size 1911’s: Colt Government Model; and Para Ordnance Gun Rights 14-45. Really liked both of them, but for stupid reasons, parted with them both. Now, regretting those decisions, I am in search of another 1911 that I will (hopefully!) keep for the rest of my life. So, really trying to get it just right this time.

3 Likes

Well for pertiness and perfection at around 1k the DW is king, by far. I just checked and theres a couple on gunbroker at exactly 1k and alot under $1200.

1 Like

Thanks, jf89.

I will take a look.

1 Like

Or theres glocks :grimacing:

jf89:

Not to worry. I already have the G21 in Gen3 and in Gen4. Now, looking for some stainless steel semiautos, probably in 1911 format.

1 Like

jf89:

Actually, the G21 fits my hand nicely. It is what I usually use for home defense (handgun choice, I also use shotguns).

2 Likes

The 1911 is a gift from browning it’s a beautiful and timeless gun I love the 1911
That being said a lot of folks that I see buy the high end customer shop guns and never actually use them witch is a issue
This can be a very finicky pistol with ammo as well as magazines being the major culprit
One must train with a weapon and make it part of yourself to know it’s quarks and it’s benifits
But still here we are over a 100 years later talking about a pistol that has stood the test of time and battle

6 Likes

7 Likes

Very nice! Good taste!

3 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes

IMG_0169

9 Likes

You’re my hero.

4 Likes

That’s only a few of them

4 Likes