February Thaw

We hit 40* today and over the last couple days I’ve thought of doing this, just because,
figured might just as well film it too

14 Likes

The murder van lives! Love the gas tank, definitely a no smoking vehicle.

10 Likes

No doubt, last time I got this running I refilled that three times in short order, the 460 does not sip fuel

10 Likes

I was going to ask how many tanks you get to the mile.

But instead I’ll just notice that that’s one way to plow snow.

Robert, where did I get the idea that you lived in Florida? I don’t think that’s Florida, maybe Texas now though.

10 Likes

:laughing: :grimacing:

I abandoned FL, planted myself in the National Forest, taxes for actual acreage equal a city lot, water rights come with property, wood heats the home, good stuff, just need a bigger 4x4 :relaxed:

11 Likes

Why the flip is it that I can’t get any full30 videos to play on my Crapple phone?

I’d love to see that van run…:man_shrugging:t4:

11 Likes

What happens when you try?

10 Likes

Well from what I have observed with Floridians is that you may be able to take the man out of Florida but you can never truly take Florida out of the man.

9 Likes

Hey!

11 Likes

Either nothing at all, or on some videos it will start to load the ad but then just sits there doing nothing but spinning its wheels

The only vids that actually play for me are those that are embedded from other sites

10 Likes

Oh shit… Not the Joe Dirt memes again.

7 Likes

Have you tried selecting lower quality?

Lower right of videos

8 Likes

Haven’t tried that yet, wasn’t aware it existed lol

9 Likes

Ha! Red Max, what a cool 4x4 van. So did Ford come out with 4wd vans like that from the factory or is that a 4wd conversion?

9 Likes

It has Quadravan badges, I had/have doubts on the legitimacy as my experience with Qvans is coil sprung, this is leaf, and there’s no interior or door jamb badges which I’ve always seen in Qvans

But, it may well be done by them, it was sold to me with the understanding I was buying the axles so when I got it running a couple months back that was a big plus

It has a new GM HEI distributor/plugs/wires and new Edelbrock carb / aluminum intake, the final hook ups weren’t done, so someone thought something of it

The guy I bought it from was not a chatty cathy, pretty tight lipped, real vague, but shared he didn’t want to sell it so may have been just that

He did share this painting with the van where it sat when I bought it

Which I thought was cool

Its pretty rough, I’m still uncertain what I’ll do with it, took it down the road yesterday to test the transmissions, no help, it was such a scary bumpy ride I couldn’t determine much, only got to 45mph

A bit bummed neither axle appeared to lock, doesn’t mean they don’t but I sure wanted to see some posi spin

No matter what I decide, there’s work ahead

11 Likes

This is my envy. 4x4 class C for the beach.
The guys on our beach that have one hold on to them like they’re gold.
All have a waiting list to buy.

9 Likes

I can see why, that would be sweet, I’m still working on a daily driver plan :wink:

8 Likes

You could keep it for more redneck snow plowing.

8 Likes

Isnt there a amovie with a van like that? I cant remember the damn name of it.

That van looks like it means buisness, were there any blood stains or unidentifiable stains on the interior?

6 Likes

There’s a paper towel holder mounted in the back, so I think they were mindful to clean up :wink:

8 Likes