Federal Government Buys Riot Gear, Increases Security Funding, Citing...

6 Likes

“Between 2005 and 2014, VA police departments acquired millions of dollars’ worth of body armor, chemical agents, night vision equipment, and other weapons and tactical gear,”

They missed the APC’s and fully automatic M4’s.

8 Likes

And mobile sniper stands

7 Likes

I see this as not much more than capitalizing on a good crisis. There’s a large VA hospital not far from me. It’s a gated complex that has its own police force. It’s not at all in the best part of town. If this virus were real and not a scam, I could see them needing to defend themselves and the Veterans inside the hospital from all the bangers just outside the gates.

7 Likes

Maybe the result will be like in Mexico or the failing Russian communist regime.
The army and police were trading what they had for something more useful - food and money.
Just a thought.

6 Likes

One can only hope we NEVER see that day. But if we do we will probably be as the Russian people were MUCH worse off than the typical solider or police officer.
The Russian soldiers trading for basics were not typically trading with the everyman, they were making trades with the Russian mob who had taken power throughout much of Russia due to the breakdown of the legal system. The average everyday person was destitute by this point.

6 Likes