Felon question

I love it when people ask a question and then argue with the answer you give them. I just want to double-check and make sure I am right because maybe something has changed and I missed it. If someone is a felon they cannot have any access to firearms correct? So the basic situation is a felon has a stepson. The stepson has moved into his house and brought his weapons. If for some reason the cops were to find out about this would he not be in trouble? The way I understand the law from my classes at SDI is a felon cannot have any access to a firearm completely. So i couldn’t ask someone who was a felon to hold my legal firearms at their house or have a felon move into my house. Is this correct? I am wrong?

7 Likes

That’s my understanding. I had a guy that worked for me that wouldn’t even go get stuff from the cab of my truck because it had guns in it and he was on parole. Maybe it’s changed, but I don’t think so.

Full disclosure: I am not an attorney nor do I pretend to be.

7 Likes

Perhaps trigger locks would suffice :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

@DTA13 ,
Are you trying to get someone arrested for exercising their God given right to protect themselves?

5 Likes

I know a family that the mother is a convicted sex offender which is a felony here making her a prohibited person. Her husband can keep a rifle or shotgun as long as it is in a safe and she can not get in it . But they can not have a handgun of any type locked up or not.

8 Likes

If it’s soft serve joes son hunter it’s OK. Last I knew, not so much for folks like us.

Maybe you got exactly what you paid for with my response. Not even $.02 worth.

6 Likes

I really dont like this question but when in doubt ask the state police or sherriff or better yet a lawyer…

6 Likes

It might be a state thing.
In NJ a while back:
Our club President’s brother had a domestic violence charge against him.
He could not move into the presidents house because of firearms.

NJ blows.

9 Likes

My wife better not pick up any felony charges, then. I’d hate to see her go.

9 Likes

@6un5_4r3_N347
No, I am not trying to get anyone arrested. I am trying to keep that exact thing from happening. I don’t want something to happen and cops end up coming into his house and him being arrested for having firearms and being a felon.

7 Likes

Tell her not to screw 15 year olds when she is a nurse . The kid did not have any standards because she looks and is built like a pig.

4 Likes

If the convicted felon had firearms that is on him. Maybe he subscribes to the tried by twelve than carried by six school of thought. If they are not his guns and they are locked in a safe not allowing access some states would be ok with that situation. It depends where they live

6 Likes

dude…wtf?

8 Likes

:popcorn: :troll:

5 Likes

I think both partys are related to belt fed.

6 Likes

This is how we say hello here at full30 now, its the new thing.

6 Likes

How’d i get in this mess? :facepalm:

8 Likes

If you are around pepole long enough you will see all kinds of stuff. The whole family is that way always cheating on each other and getting mad and doing stupid stuff to get even with each other. Strange bunch .

7 Likes

There is NOTHING in the constitution that says felons can not have guns.
In fact MOST of the founding Fathers were felons via King George.

Here in washingrad you pay the court and a lawyer and you get your rights they can not take away back. Cost about $3000.

In New England you used to keep all of your rights while in prison. You can vote, you do not have the right to travel. Once that is restored you get your gun rights back.
THIS IS THE WAY IT WAS TO WORK

6 Likes

Since I’m not an attorney, I can not give you the advice you seek.

6 Likes