Fighting for freedom, From Hong Kong to Chile, people want we are giving up

@Prepper10 must be butter, because he’s on a roll. Great stuff sir keep it up! :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

all fun and games, here, but I will have to return later as it is late here (after midnight)

3 Likes
5 Likes

San Francisco didn’t seem to have a problem with the violent protests, until the insurance companies got tired of paying for replacement windows on the same businesses after each protest, and started cancelling policies.

4 Likes

@Robert

Yeah, maybe, but I don’t buy it. Believe it if you want.

3 Likes

In 2015, the mayor of Baltimore stated in a press conference that the police had to give protestors ‘room to destroy’.

7 Likes

@JPN

I often wonder if the police in HK had similar instruction. Not a day goes by that the protesters don’t do some property damage. And yet, often the police stand by, watching.

4 Likes

And maybe you know what came after

The Reichstag
Gulf of Tonkin
9/11

Never let a good crisis go to waste, even if you have to create it

6 Likes

After enough violence, some of the population will openly support the ‘iron fist’ approach being used against those who oppose the government. There’s a long history of people doing that, without realizing that someday it might be them that have the ‘opposition’ target on their backs.

4 Likes

@JPN

That is exactly what I think could happen in HK. Such a shame.

4 Likes

That is most likely what will happen, in the end.

Which leads to the questions of who will ultimately benefit the most from the violent protests, and therefore who would have the greatest motive to push things toward an escalation of the violence?

4 Likes

@JPN

This will have to be my last post tonight - got to go to bed, soon.

Most to benefit? The protesters are mostly young and not so wise. They seem to believe that after their initial win, that they could bring about further changes (and not be prosecuted for all the crimes they have committed). So, they think they have the most to gain as they probably expect to be living in HK for many more years.

However, beyond that fantasy, there are no clear winners. Singapore - some, Shenzhen - some, USA - some. I have come to the belief that our government does like harassing the Chinese if for no other reason that the Chinese government is still communistic, and our government is against that.

So, yes, I do believe the US government is somewhat fanning the flames in HK. But, even without whatever support our government is giving them, these protesters would still be doing the same things.

4 Likes

You make a great point. Some portion of the population has an ideologically weak position and will shift their fidelity depending on the optics. This group is often the makeweight in tipping popular opinion and can crush protest movements quicker than governments.

7 Likes

Agreed

4 Likes

@RogueGunnWorks

Maybe you need to spend some time in HK and see for yourself - like I have. Then, just by walking around, you will see for yourself some of the damage and violence the protesters have done and continue to do.

And, just in case you don’t believe I spend a lot of time in HK, here is what my location shows according to Full30:

Recently Used Devices

Windows Computer – Hong Kong
Microsoft Edge | active now

Microsoft Edge | Nov 18

Microsoft Edge | Nov 13

Microsoft Edge | Nov 9

4 Likes

Or you could post a picture out of your hotel room, looks like it might be a nice place

4 Likes

@Robert

Not sure your pinpoint is totally accurate (maybe off by a mile or so). Nonetheless, here is a recent view from my hotel room:

5 Likes

That’s an awesome view, to bad its so tore up politically, people ruin crap that’s for certain

4 Likes

@Robert

Yeah, thanks. And thanks for the great summary description of the protesters (“Antifa”) - that really nailed it!

3 Likes

easy to figure termites are the same worldwide

before we have a world govt we need all the people to clamor for it, once the economies has been broken down, people can’t go to the grocery store, they’ll go along with whatever and whoever is promoted to rule

this is just the preamble for that

5 Likes