fightlite scr

yah or nah?

9 Likes

Just move to somewhere that is still free.
There are LOTS of semi auto rifles that work better than the ar15 system.
The best reason to use an Ar15 are all of its attributes combined.

2 Likes

I like the traditional rifle look and the fact it can use any AR upper. I also really like their wood furniture version pictured in that article! They seem kind of pricey, though.

The article touched on the semi-auto operation of it, but I still don’t understand how it works. I’m somewhat familiar with how the AR buttstock and buffer spring/tube assembly works for the AR, but I’m still curious to know how this one works.

7 Likes

Its probably not really that far off.

That hole is close too if not exactly in the same position of the stock screw for an 870.
That carrier device appears to be roughly the same size and shape. Potentially they could have put a spring system in the butt end of the stock following butt stock screw path.

6 Likes

I like it, has a few bugs to work out but a good idea. Maybe go with a non reciprocating side charger to keep the skin on the thumb or arch angle style lowered grip area. Not to infringe on patents of course.

3 Likes

That all most looks like a leaf spring, follows down the handle then bends. Just a guess on my part from the photo.

4 Likes

A leaf spring would cause issues in a few thousand rounds as the spring began to loose its strength. God I hope they aren’t that dumb.
Just got this from the website, I’m fairly convinced is part of a spring return system. Look does not appear to be spring tension AND it has a split in it, that would cause even further issues with a leaf spring.

Complete Lower Receiver Assembly with Bolt Carrier, Strut & Dowel Pin.

Dowel pin would suggest its just there for stability, so something else has to be in the butt stock to return the carrier.

6 Likes

Found it!

6 Likes

It is solid just like the Benelli… it is a good rifle. They make great belt fed AR-15 too.

6 Likes

That view makes more sense to your idea for sure.

3 Likes

FN FAL uses that type of system. Bolt carrier with a tail going to a coil spring in the stock.

5 Likes

That’s what I noticed as similar

3 Likes