Firearm Globalization

just recently went through my “inventory” and was rather surprised that I didn’t own a single firearm made in USofA or even North America until recently.
How ever I do have ones made in
Russia (CCCP)
Czechoslovakia both pre and post iron curtain
Belgium
England
China
Turkey
Germany
Yugoslavia
Switzerland
Philippines
Hell even my AR15 was made in China but I did manage to break down and buy US and that was my “Real” Armalite M15A2
and tomorrow I am picking up two more Czech guns…

11 Likes

Which one from Switzerland?

8 Likes

sphinx

6 Likes

Cool, I had to look it up. other than old bolt guns I have seen very few guns from Switzerland.

7 Likes

Get yourself a lever action Winchester, then you’ll have an American firearm.

7 Likes

I am very close to buying a M1892/29 revolver and maybe P06 or B&T…

with the B&T being half the price of the Luger

7 Likes

I just bought the hellcat. Before that my pistols were Heavily foreign

5 Likes

isn’t the Hellcat “foreign”…

4 Likes

Springfield armory

5 Likes

Croatia?

4 Likes

The modern Winchester lever guns are made in Japan IIRC.

5 Likes

@Robert , Ban this guy

7 Likes

Not Marlins.

4 Likes

There are some awesome guns that are foreign though. I don’t discriminate against guns

5 Likes

And I think most of mine are USA built. I recently bought a B&T GHM9 because I’ve lusted after a Swiss gun after having seen the SIG AMT and having fired a P210 decades ago. I didn’t buy US made deliberately over the decades, it just happened.

Whoops, I recently bought a PPQ, but that might also be a made in USA gun and not from Germany. The design is purely German though.

3 Likes

Sounds like you have an awesome collection. I’m curious to know what firearms you have from each of those countries. And I’m guessing the Philippine firearm is probably a Rock Island 1911?

I only have two foreign made firearms (three if you count my wife’s Argentine made Bersa Thunder). One is a 1938 Tula-made Mosin Nagant and the other is an Austrian-made Glock 34. I have a relatively small collection of firearms, though.

2 Likes

the Philippine’s is the M5 Shotgun - At the moment the highest number being from Russia (TT-33s and sks), Czech (CZ 75 SA, CZ 75, P10, Shadow 2, than Turkey (2 Girsans, Canik and a shotgun), China (Browning SA22 clone, a Kar98 22 clone, CQ-A (10.5" M4 clone) and the P762 pistol), Germany - PPQ sd, P99, Kar98/Yugo, with 2 Yugo M57s and the M84 Skorpion, ending with the Swiss Sphinx and the Armalite M15A2
Forgot the 2 FN GP35s and Webley Mk4s and Enfield No2
So last count 26 pistols and 6 long guns.
But I did own a Colt Government 1911 in 38super many years ago.

2 Likes

That’s an awesome collection

2 Likes