Firearms you despise, but everyone likes

Alright gents, we know what obscure pieces everyone likes. But what about the industry standards that you can’t stand? I’m interested to see where the current community’s ire is pointed.

To start, I dislike the M9. Locking block mechanism is awful, it’s needlessly big and bulky for what it does, the safety is obnoxious, and I’ve seen at least 6+ fail in the same amount of range trips. Simply put, the M9 is a gun that people like when they don’t carry it.

But that’s just me, what about you? Keep it civil, no one is here to twist anyone else’s shorts.

6 Likes

I could of sworn I also created a similar topic? Must be a popular subject.

5 Likes

I’m going to go with The controlled claw extractor or Mauser claw extractor.
I still shoot and love the rifles, but it would be nice when in a pinch to just be able to toss a single round in the chamber and close the bolt.
The CZ, ruger, Winchester 70, and others share this design.

3 Likes

Don’t like Ruger Sr pistols .The safety is too small and hard to use.

2 Likes

Sorry if I recovered your topic, I didn’t happen to see it.

3 Likes

No worries! Just shows you how popular this topic is. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I thought their 1911 was pretty standard, What else is proprietary?

2 Likes

You and I can be friends! Agree with almost everything you said there…well, the .45 is still an ok handgun round, preferable to the .40 (imho), and I think some 1911’s are alright looking (Commander sized, without accessory rail). But yeah…overpriced, unreliable boat anchors!

2 Likes

Glock, any model of a Glock (only because you need 20 characters to post)

2 Likes

AR pistols are as ugly as wacky maxine waters

6 Likes

I do not like the Beretta 92 anything. The decocker specifically. I despise it so much I cannot put it into words. The rest of the platform I can do without too. Personal preference though.

5 Likes

Sorry buddy :grinning: - I just cant get past the buffer tube on a “pistol”. Old school/fool here.

Если бы не Россия - Европа говорила бы по-немецки.

. lib%20tears

6 Likes

My newest, favorite and only since 1980. Still goes toe to toe with the new kids on the block.:sunglasses:

8 Likes

Didnt you just buy a 92 or M9? Guess your preferences changed? or is it an “old habits die hard” type of thing since you were in the service and most likely ran an M9 of some sort?

3 Likes

I guess for me its the 1911 in any caliber. It just feels like a huge chunk of metal that needs to be reshaped. I cant explain it but I just cant get comfortable with them and I have had the chance to shoot a really nice as far as the owner was concerned Kimber. I just cant shoot the dang things straight

5 Likes

You are now dead to me also!(as is your cohort @AgentVenom, for similar blasphemy :joy:)

Says the man with a .308. :money_mouth_face:

7 Likes

yes the 308 is a huge chunk of metal, but it fits me. The 1911 doesn’t . I cant shoot it . Every time I am low and left . Like a foot each way no matter what adjustment I make.

4 Likes

I shoot my 1911’s better than anything else lol. Everyone is different, that’s why they make so many different beautiful guns I guess. (For the record, I was just fuc%ing with you, mostly…:joy:)

7 Likes

Lol The all American boat anchor. I like them and I like .45 acp but its heavier and cost more $ , so I switched to 9mm Glocks.

6 Likes

Which is not saying much, I hear you shoot like Ray Charles.

6 Likes