First build to start soon

7 Likes

No, the matrix jig will cut rails where it cuts rails. Where it cuts rails is a certain distance off the deck. The deck should be .448-.450" from the center of the slide stop pin hole. That is the spec.

I would shoot for .450. The lower the deck is, the lower the rails will be. The lower the rails, the lower the slide will sit. The lower the slide sits, the lower the barrel will sit. The lower the barrel sits the shorter the link you will have to get, the shorter the link the faster the barrel will unlock, etc.

8 Likes

Then it looks like I would need to shim the deck in the cutter to achieve .450. Looks like I am .004 to low. @Mosinvirus

6 Likes

Yup. But .449 would also be great. .003" shim should be fine.

What cutters do you have in your jig? .117"?

6 Likes

just checked .117

6 Likes

guess I will contact matrix and get the shims.

7 Likes

I have just emailed Matrix and L-10 to see what I get out of them. L 10’s completion aid say typical deck height from them is .445 - .005.

7 Likes

Today my wife picked up my L-10 stainless grip up from the post office. I guess I should have paid more attention to what I was getting. Apparently when you buy the grip it comes with a frame. The deck height on this frame measures to .4495. So I’m going to use this frame. I’ll start the rail cutting this weekend. @Mosinvirus

7 Likes

9 Likes

How is that possible? Bad QC?

5 Likes

8 Likes

You have 2 of those don’t you boss

6 Likes

Nice

6 Likes

No, I only built one and never finished it. Destroyed the frame because I wasn’t going to register it.

6 Likes

Has to be bad QC. Measured both with the same mic and guage pin. @Mosinvirus

7 Likes

Looks like I am going to have plenty of build time coming up starting next week. Thank you irresponsible politicians. So the company I work for redacted (international mining conglomerate) decided to take advantage of these corona virus stimulus bills. While the facility that I work isn’t hurting that bad, they aren’t stupid and they figured out that they can make more money putting employees on temporary furloughs than by actually producing product. Hence I will be furloughed for a week then work the 2 weeks I’m the on call electrician then furlough for 2 weeks then come back and work my on call weeks. With the Paycheck Protection Plan I will get $600 a week and $365 a week unemployment to stay home. Its a pay cut, but its money for nothing. Then when to taxpayers money dries up we work as usual. 3 weeks of paid vacation thanks to the taxpayers. Its great for me and bad for the country. My build should go a lot faster than I originally thought.

8 Likes

Is this your first real build ?

7 Likes

Yes it is

5 Likes

@Giantspeed
I will be taking my time on the build. I just mean that instead of waiting for weekends to work i got whole weeks.

7 Likes

Do you have Kuleck’s Vol2? That, and MosinVirus videos, went a long way to helping me. With a few answers and some tips on this forum, I made my first one shoot reliably.

9 Likes