Fish

Since we really don’t have a dedicate fishing thread, I thought I’d create one for everyone to share thier catches.

So today, I spent a good part of my time fishing at an old spot I haven’t fished in over ten years, and let me tell ya, I gave my old ultra-lite rod a heck of a workout.

In five hours I probably hooked forty plus Bass using the same type of small jig that I used ten years ago. I ended up landing thirty of them and lost a few big ones here and there.

At least it’s good to know that the fish don’t get any smarter over time :laughing:

Anyhow, if you’re a fishermen and you’ve caught some fish lately, show them off with the rest of us right here on Full30.

Heck, I know I’d like to see your catches, and while you’re at it, tell us what you used and where you caught it.

No trade secrets here :smile:

Hopefully I’ll get to learn something new from some of you.

BTW, I’m going back to the same spot tomorrow :rofl:

14 Likes

How many people are you feeding over there?

8 Likes

See, that just the thing, it was just the wife & I tonight, but tomorrow, it’ll will be most of the in-laws.

They found out I went fishing thanks to the wife…

She sent them a pic text earlier of what we ate tonight and so they invited themselves over for a fish fry dinner.

They’re complete lushes over my cooked fish :laughing:

9 Likes

Oh yah, terrible people.

I’m sorry, what time did you say you were cooking and what was your address again?:yum:

8 Likes

Wife’s texts message she sent to her Mom & Dad earlier…

And yes, I cooked dinner tonight.

13 Likes

:thinking: keep the fish, throw the wife back…

9 Likes

Yuuuummmm, taters and corn on the cob too? My favorite. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Wildlife,
Yummy Yummy :yum:

7 Likes

Thanks for this thread
About a month ago I caught this pig

12 Likes

I didn’t hit my fishing hole yesterday, but I still managed to get out shortly after the heavy rain for a little bit at the cat lake and reel this big guy in.

However today, I did hit that one fishing hole for a couple of hours and caught twelve more out of there.

11 Likes

Fished Saturday night and caught two blue cats. One 13.8 & the other around 10#'s.

Forgot to get a pic of the first one…

This afternoon I decide to put my duck suit on a fished for a few hours. Caught 10 bass and two of them were over 12"s.

BTW, I did end up doing a fish fry for the in-laws last Saturday for dinner.

They ate every bit of it :laughing:

10 Likes

Caught another one over 12"s this morning.

Freezer fillers…

10 Likes

Dad gum, that’s a bountiful fishin’ hole you got there! Good job!

7 Likes

13 more today :sweat_smile:

And I have no idea how this one thought he could eat my repala :rofl:

11 Likes

Man, that little fella’s sure got some moxie. I like the cut of his jib. :crazy_face:

10 Likes

Nice fish!

Lol, reminds me of that time I ran into a hot little midget woman at a carnival…

6 Likes

Must stop the pictures from forming in my head ! Dam it there they are ! Stop doing that to me lone wolf I’m trying to be better .

5 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Dang @Wildlife . Save some fish for future generations.

OK, so this brings me to a question. If I were to buy some fishing gear for SHTF, didn’t want to buy every lure out there, what few items or lures would be a good choice to have, if I don’t know where I might be fishing? Most likely fresh water, some river or lake or pond, since I’m no where near the coast.
And what rod and reel would be a good choice? Keep in mind, I know absolutely nothing about fishing. I’m just wanting to increase my prepper items.
Any suggestions? I saw a green frog thing and something yellow. Is there a color I need to look for in lures? Or something shiny? Certain hooks i should get? I will buy a small tackle box and fill with what ever is needed. Also, what about fishing line? What kind/weight? And do people still use those red and white floaty balls?

5 Likes

My catches over the last few days :smiley:

The last photograph is a Blue Cat that weighed over 25lbs.

11 Likes