Flashlight torture test! Olight vs streamlight

We all have biases be them large or small, whether or not we like to admit it or not we have them. Now I will be honest with y’all I have a biased with olight. I’m more of a streamlight guy. I have used them for over two decades. Well I have been called out about my biased, so now I present to you a flashlight torture test.

Now what I want to know is what are your experiences with olight and or streamlight?

10 Likes

I’ll surely bookmark for later :+1:

8 Likes

I’ve killed 3 Olights and 2 streamlights, I don’t see any huge appreciable different in durability from either of them.

8 Likes

Good vid @switchpod ! I use & like both. The main thing I dislike is the oddity of the Olight batteries! Maybe it’s the preparedness mentality in me, but I prefer my lights to use common batteries

8 Likes

since I can’t comment on the vid
but you only took them to less than 88ft…
1 ATM (14.7psi) = 30ft.
simple rule of thumb is 1psi per 2 feet for quick math…

but great video other wise, definitely a engineered weak point.

7 Likes

Good video. I have both and haven’t broken any of them YET.

7 Likes

I have an Olight, and I swam in a lake with it. Still works fine. But I got it before I learned about China’s war on us. I wish they would move to another country.

8 Likes

I like Nitecore lights also & have had no problems

6 Likes

Yeah nitecore is amazing.

6 Likes

In my personal experience, Maglite is the brand I’ve had the most problems with over the past decades. Bulbs blowing out easily, led bulbs intermittently crapping out, & both times I installed the led conversion kit they didn’t last.

5 Likes

I was indoctrinated into mag lights. As soon as I started using streamlight in 99 I was sold.

5 Likes

For the record… I did the math, too. :rofl:

6 Likes

That was kind of an epic test system! :rofl: Awesome video, man! I had to subscribe. BREAK MORE STUFF!! Lol

5 Likes

Now that you are aware of the existence of flashlights, is your name going to change to LIT corner Gun Works?

5 Likes

First of all, things are ALWAYS “lit” at Dark Corner Gunworks… Just so you know.

That’s how the kids say it… “Lit.”

Also, 2 hit points of damage for that awful pun. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I have1Streamlight flashlight, the protac ten tap, i like it quite a bit. It’s a good flashlight that i lose constantly :rofl:
I’m a Fenix flashlight fan!
I like everything about them👍 fantastic run times, multi-fuel cell capable, great build quality, have not had a single issue with a Fenix flashlight👍
The 2 Inforce lights I’ve not had any issues or problems with either so far. Good build quality for plastic, great layout, really like the built in mount and lightweight.

7 Likes

I’ll just leave this here.

6 Likes

out of habit I did every thing in saltwater
that and over thinking

6 Likes

Where your experience is I imagine?

7 Likes