FLIR says, civilians don't need thermal optics

10 Likes

What …the… **** . This should be considered discrimination. If they had said they won’t sell to blacks it would be though.

5 Likes

6 Likes

I dont use thermal scopes anyhow but the idea pisses me off like @LonewolfMcQuade at a hair convention

6 Likes

If true, another jack ass company we need to let know they’re #1! :belt_fed:

7 Likes

It hasn’t been confirmed until presumably Monday. It is very uncool, like others I don’t own a thermal, but I want one. I guess only the government needs thermals.

6 Likes

That is messed up if it is true. Anyone going to be at SHOT show to ask them what’s up?

4 Likes

I’ll track it down next week, I’ll be there. They announce, supposedly, on Monday the 20th. SHOT doesn’t officially start until Tuesday, the 21st. That’ll be the first opportunity I get to ask them, but I’ll ask them. Directly, and point-blank. I’ll ask them about the Armasight side of it, too.

Monday, though, I’ll be at Daniel Defense Range Day… :ar15: :rofl:

7 Likes

Flir store on Amazon says for all thermal scopes that I selected are “Currently Unavailable, don’t know if will be back”. They are still available through 3rd party sellers whom still have units in stock. Optics planet, & a few others.

4 Likes

Dosnt Trijicon sell thermal optics?

4 Likes

Is this the Twinkies debacle all over again?

3 Likes

?

3 Likes

Thats because pulsar is dominating the civilian market. Just like Colt not selling their ar15 to us any more. Competition driving better products out at a lower price.

8 Likes

You can at least add them to a cart from the FLIR website. I don’t know if they will let you check out though.
https://www.flir.com/browse/home-amp-outdoor/riflescopes/
Could this be a publicity stunt to get noticed just before SHOT?

6 Likes

Not a great approach if you ask me.

6 Likes

competition is tough, negative news travels fast, who knows, but I’m not going out of my way to buy one just because of this, as if I could

6 Likes

I’ll ask that directly, too, and I’ll quote the source - to them - that’s saying this about them. I’ll get to the bottom of the story next Tuesday.

If they get pissed off at me about the direct questions, I’ll hide my badge (smart-phone scans these things), and I’ll tell them "I’m Robert from Full30.com… " :rofl:

7 Likes

I want to cuss so bad right now!!! Woooosaaawwww

I was saving up for one of these.

Woooosaaawwwww

Bleep bleepedy bleeping bleep bleep bleep

6 Likes

I’m assuming there government contracts are way more lucrative then civilian sales
With the threat of civilians having equal or better equipment than the soilders used against us
The procurement division leveraged contracts against civilian sales for a lot of companies

5 Likes

Wonder if L3 and Trijicon will do this too?

3 Likes