Florida couple buys baby bouncer at Goodwill, finds semi-automatic rifle inside

They are claiming that when the rifle came out of the box, it wasn’t loaded, but did have a loaded magazine with it in the box.

The pictures show a loaded pistol magazine, but the spare .22 magazine for the rifle appears to be empty (hard to tell for certain).

Looks like they are indirectly confirming that there was ammo in the box, but not the correct caliber for the gun that was in the box. They are trying to stir up hysteria.

Nashville PD did something like this, years ago, when they raided a suspected drug house, then put the “arsenal” they seized during the raid on a table to display during the press conference. Four compact handguns, and several ziplock bags of ammo (looked like it might have been 1,000 rounds), all of it 7.62x39.

9 Likes

Most news is rat run.
The LSM propaganda and lies are one of their rat tactics.
They are in an all out war and coup against Trump and us.

I believe just about NOTHING the “news” says.

7 Likes

I call bullshit on this one. I like the way they covered the end of the barrel to make it appear that the rifle is the same measurements as the box. Then conveniently have opened boxes of ammo in the pic with the rounds showing and another magazine that doesn’t belong (like others have pointed out). Total staged pic.
But what really makes me know this is bullshit is the fact that she said she was going to a baby shower on Sunday so she stopped by GOODWILL to get a gift. Who the hell buys a used baby item for a baby shower? Even when I was young and poor as a church mouse I never would have bought a used baby gift for a baby shower. Hell, I never bought used baby items at all.
And who would pay $10 for something at Goodwill without opening it. Obviously they say they opened it at home, so why not open it at the store?

Not to mention the people at Goodwill and other places where donations are made are usually good about opening things and checking inside (and pocketing some treasures). If they don’t know what’s in it or the condition of it, they don’t know what to price it at.

I call this one a fake in order to stir people’s emotions by marrying guns and baby items in one shot and leave people with the “Oh, no! What if…?” conclusion.

10 Likes

My recreation…found this gun in a box of colored pencils I bought at Goodwill…

12 Likes

“The happiest day in a father’s life…” :joy:

7 Likes

LOL, good one

6 Likes

You mighta started something Red Angel, Might be fun to recreate stuff like you did. some’s imagination here might get crazy.

7 Likes

:smiley:

8 Likes

^ My thoughts exactly.

6 Likes

Yeah, I smell fake news.
Probably a Goodwill promotional scheme.

6 Likes

g.willikers, Agreed and the :nose:stench is nauseating :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

The claim is that this gun was found in a box that was supposed to contain a baby product, which was bought (used) from Goodwill and the person that bought it didn’t bother to check the contents before giving it as a gift. It is also claimed that the gun was not loaded, but a loaded magazine was also in the box (stated to imply that a person could take the gun out of the box, insert the magazine, and fire the gun). News articles have included pictures showing what appears to be an AR-15, with boxes of ammo, next to the box that was supposed to contain the baby product.

The facts:

• The gun in question is a Mossberg 715t.

• It is a .22LR rifle and cannot use the pistol ammo shown in the pictures that appeared in the articles.

• It is not an AR-15, but a cheap ($130-ish) “Plinkster” rifle with a plastic clamshell housing put over it to make it look like an AR-15. Due to this ‘gun inside a fake gun’, it cannot be broken down like an AR-15 into upper and lower halves (to make it fit in a smaller space).

• The manufacturer apparently bumped the price to the $300 range when the plastic cover was installed, which seems ridiculous for a $130 rifle with some cheap plastic attached to it, but that would still likely make it the cheapest option for someone who walked into a store to buy something that at least looked like an AR-15, but didn’t know the first thing about guns (like what ‘bullets’ fit which gun).

7 Likes

What!? No 22mm 100 bullet clipazines!? With a folding thing that goes up?!!
Blasphemy!!!

6 Likes

Oh the humanity! Think of the children!

I’m going to boycott all Goodwill stores from this point forward.

6 Likes

You should anyway. They are a greedy business and not a charity. Always donate to charities that either provide the items directly to needy people or sell then provide goods/services to those needy people. Just google how much the CEO of goodwill makes, it will disgust you. I’ve boycotted goodwill for years, fuck 'em.

5 Likes

Thanks for the advice. But for the record, I’ve never shopped at Goodwill. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

And i never will again!! I bought 20 baby items in boxes and not 1fucking box contained a firearm of any kind!!! I’M PISSED!!

8 Likes

Completely unrelated, I stopped on the way home & purchased a can of tobacco & found these inside!!! What’s this country turning into?..

11 Likes

Now you’re starting to make me worry. I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow, and who knows what sort of ‘prize’ they are putting in cereal boxes, lately. Imagine sitting down at the breakfast table, pouring a bowl of crunchberries, and a Barrett falls out on the table.

I hope I don’t get too many odd looks, shaking the boxes in the cereal aisle, to see if I can hear any loose rounds rattling in the box.

9 Likes

:joy::rofl:

7 Likes