FNX-45

Yes! I love that comparison.

I struggled with the recoil because of how light it was, not enough weight to help balance that.

6 Likes

Itā€™s on my bucket list! Probably for after the little one is out of daycare and diapers.

6 Likes

AJ told me thats not an issue any longer :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Have you shot the Walther PPQ45? It sounds like thatā€™s what your looking for!

2 Likes

6 Likes

That is a good point. That FNX has a snap to it!

3 Likes

Try Flintstones vitamins, helps them grow up fast! Lol jk

4 Likes

When I was shopping, it was to replace my duty gun. Capacity was very important to me. I currently carry a G17 with 21rd mags. My G41 has +4 extensions on itā€¦ Iā€™m just waiting on a sighting in my new RMR before I field it.

I will check that out. I carried a PPK/s for years as a CCW. I loved it. If the PPQ45 catches up with red dot compatibility and holsters, that could definitely be a contender for a new duty piece. Iā€™ll keep watch on it and check one out when it comes available. Thanks for the tip.

5 Likes

I thought maybe I was just being a pansy but I agree with this. I didnt care for the pistol in 9mm or .45mm.

2 Likes

I used to own a P227 TacOps. I loved the piss out of that gun, but it would not cycle my duty ammo. I sent it back several times, and finally got tired of being told I was wrong. I had 10 of the 14 round magazines, and seven of the 10 round magazineā€™s, and none of them worked 100%.

Hereā€™s a short video of me trying to chamber Winchester Ranger 230 grain cartridgesā€¦

This occurred 3-4 times per magazine and was easy for me to demonstrate repeatedly.

While playing with the magazines I did discover two interesting factsā€¦

1- The internal plastic base plate can be replaced with a flat P226 metal internal base plate. This grants the shooter +1 magazine capacity, without adding to the length of the magazine.

1. The P14 mag springs are compatible with the P227 mag bodies. I didnā€™t play with a lot of available variations, but the fit was there, and anyone that had access to P14 springs should feel comfortable testing their performance in a P227.

I may reinvest in this endeavor again in the future. Sig used to make a phenomenal pistol.

5 Likes

Any idea if the p227 mags will work in a p320?

2 Likes

I doubt it
The magazine release cuts are in a diffrent place

3 Likes

That sucks

The base pads are different, but the rest of the magazine is the same. A dremmel and a steady hand can make them compatible.

4 Likes

I like the FN pistols. Very pointable and a good grip angle.

Awww those 15rds are so cute. :wink: (just messinā€™ with you brother)

cough

18rds without extension for the win!

4 Likes

Yeah but thatā€™s a 9mm not a 45acp. J/k I know what you meant.

Have you shot it yet?

2 Likes

Haha, I know. Just being a jackass on purpose.

I do wish these came in .45 ACP though.

Just picked it up 2 hrs ago! So no. Probably next week. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I love my FNX 45 Tactical. solid and soft recoil.

9 Likes