Follow link. Scroll down just past #3 where it says "find out if you have been impacted". I wasnt but my wife was. Worth $125 to everybody that was.

https://www.equifaxbreachsettlement.com/

13 Likes

Cool they owe me money.

6 Likes

^ Same. That $125 would make a very nice Spike’s Tactical LPK appear at my door.

7 Likes

Glad to help lol

5 Likes

Seems both me and the wife were effected, filled out claims, will see if anything comes of it.

6 Likes

Well sh!t. I checked the website and I quality for the free gift, too. This is the 4th time that my data has been compromised. I already have free credit monitoring from the previous breaches, so I opted for the $125 firearm gift card. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Lmao!

5 Likes

Do you have to show how you were affected? The site says I was but then ask when.

5 Likes

They only want documentation if you were a victim of ID theft. If not, you still qualify for the free credit monitoring or $125 gift.

4 Likes

Thank you, I will apply.

5 Likes

Half dozen here. And yes and my wife and I both opted for the $125 since we already have monitoring setup with our credit union.

5 Likes

I was on the list, looks like an Aero blem receiver set if I get a check. I already get a monitoring service because the government keeps letting out my employee info…

5 Likes

Meh, no thanks. I’ll pass. But best of luck to all that have applied. I’m going to throw a guess out there that the actual individual settlement amount will fall somewhere south of a buck (yes, less than one dollar).

To me it’s just not worth giving yet another third party my personal information -probably only a matter of time before they’re compromised too. :thinking:

5 Likes

They already have your info

4 Likes

And better to get $125 now than less later.

4 Likes

It is worth a try to see if they admit your info breached, at worst, buy a few beers with the payout.

3 Likes

It does specify, in order to qualify for the $125, you must currently have/be paying for credit monitoring now. You are swearing you have it & will continue to have for the next 6 months. Lying on the claim may be grounds to avoid getting paid. Just something to think about… may want to consider the 3 years free monitoring with all 3 companies with additional 6 years after of monitoring via Equifax.

3 Likes

Or make an account on credit karma. Its free

3 Likes

Unfortunately, that’s not how these things work. The amount of the payout is directly proportional to how many file a claim for relief. No payments are remitted until after the filing deadline to ensure fair and equitable distribution.

Based on as much attention this particular class action has received, I’m willing to bet it’s easily already eclipsed the number of filers to start reducing that $125 figure southward. Last I heard the portion of the settlement earmarked for payouts was only $31M. Dividing that by $125 means that figure reduces after only 248K people file a claim. Thus my conjecture the payout will be less than a dollar is the same as me saying more than 31M people will file a claim before the deadline.

4 Likes

Another question I have , once you accept the $125, is that releasing Equifax from further responsibility for id theft etc? Are you now responsible for their fuc% up , both leg work & financially to repair/clear your name & credit? Much like when someone accepts a sum of $$ for injury from an insurance company. Usually that releases the company & their clients from you going back after them for more $$/medical bills, further health complications etc.

4 Likes