FOOD FOR THOUGHT....

11 Likes

I didn’t watch this but suspect food will not run out, but money will

Welfare will be cut, jobs will require having the correct “values” to be qualified to work

of course other burdens will be eliminated to save resources

9 Likes

Food will not flow the way it flows now… that’s for sure.

6 Likes

I remember when there were seasons at the grocery store… now you can get anything year round. Hahhahaha what a joke. Break the system, hit the restart button. :+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

I hear the soylant green diet is pretty effective.

7 Likes
6 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

THE THIRST MUTILATOR!

Sounds like something Mister Torgue would say.

5 Likes

LonewolfMcQuade, count how many cases you go through :wink:

8 Likes

I have like… a full case, of 5 gallon containers for water. Hahahhahaa

7 Likes

This is good advice. We got really low on dog food early on in the scamdemic. There was crap food available in some places, but abrupt changes can wreak havoc on a dog’s digestive system. I was lucky enough to find a bag here and there back then, but now keep at least 80# on hand.

11 Likes

Good advice as the heat is always dialed up in small increments to keep the frog in the pot

What I learned is its a bad idea for me to stock up on post apocalypse bourbon

Two reasons,

1. I spent way too much on it
  2. I drank it all already

:confused:

11 Likes

Not a bad idea at all. It makes the pre-apocalypse much more palatable. So focus on the positive and just call it “tailgating”. :partying_face:

9 Likes

The wife’s flowers seem to always keep deer in the yard :fallout: :arrow_backward: that’s her anger

10 Likes

At you don’t have far to go when the season starts :grin:

10 Likes

:rofl:

9 Likes
9 Likes

In 1966 My Father told us kids that in our life time there will be an event that rocks the foundation of America. At this time you will need to use what Ive taught you and collect the things you will need.
After 9/11 I had nothing, spent a career with firearms, had had enough. Got rid of the camp gear. Had not reloaded in 20 years. Get the picture.
I spent from 2001 to 2003 collect everything reloading thing my old man showed me how to use. Paid $20-40 for RCBS presses. Not more than $60 for RCBS 10-10 scales (sold for $180 at the time, NLA) etc.
Conned my wife to come here from Asia. Then in 2006 we started to learn about food prep and storage.

We decided that to go as cheap as we can, because you know America will never have a food shortage.
To quote Joe Biden" Well, son of a bitch"

Homer buckets are number 2 food grade. with the lid they are under $5 each. We have 26 of them.

Grains can be kept for decades under good conditions. Currently we are eating out of one bucket we put together in 2008 (our oldest supplies now). Still taste good, we have it twice a week. In the 1600s it was called “gruel” today we call it cracked wheat.
We have 8 buckets full. Most is for given away to those less fortunate. ONE bucket will last two people 4 months if eaten daily. These 25lb bags of all natural cracked wheat are made by Bob’s Red Mill of Portland OR. The bags were $17 buck, now about $23. most stores carry it, and if they only have the one pound bags will gladly order you the 25 pounders.
We also store in each bucket of cracked wheat, 2lbs of brown sugar. Some have honey in them. These never go bad.
All grains have a 8-10 year shelf life if stored well.
Isnt your ass worth $25 for a bucket of food?
BE ADVISED: you can not eat cracked wheat 24/7 its very high in fiber and you will shit your brains out. We know.
That is where the beans & rice come in. Also MREs plug you up. If thats what you have, get cracked wheat to even you out.

8 more buckets: 4 with black beans, 4 with rice.
A years worth of rice & beans. Priceless. This alone with small game can sustain you and yours for a good long time.

Being the wife eats a lot of rice, we also have 150lbs of her favorite rice. The bags are too big for the bucket method.
She opens a bag every year, buys another and mylar bags the rest for use during the year.
The rest of the buckets have spices, oils, lard (for boolit lube)
and other stuff to make what ever we eat taste better.

This is stuff you can get today, cheaply.

On the other hand, my little bro paid $3000 for 25 year storage food, about 10 years ago.

9 Likes

Been working on that lately. Trying to get a years worth of food before the election. Hopefully we can supplement through the garden and hunting and make it last longer if things really go south.

You say Home Depot buckets are food grade? I was thinking of using those with Mylar bags because food grade buckets are $$$.

10 Likes