For you 1911 haters

:rofl: you arenā€™t aloneā€¦

5 Likes

Im good , no arguement from me though. I like both platforms just trying to keep people on their toes. Lol

6 Likes

Iā€™m just trying to get the elusive troll badgeā€¦sort ofā€¦

5 Likes

Most likely any fire that would melt a Glock would also render a 1911 inoperable. A good arguement would be that
You like .45 acp over 9mm or you prefer the trigger on the 1911 or the grip angle etc etc , those are perfectly understandable but if you plan on gun fighting in a bon fire or the deepest pits of hell I recommend something besides a gun , ok human torch? Try a harpoon or melee weapon.
Either way the 1911 is a good gun if the guy running it knows what he is doing. I honestly dont consider one better than the other, just different.

6 Likes

You shouldve got it by now, Robert needs to do his job around here, god damn it.

5 Likes

If Robert were too fully do his job around here, you & I probably would have been banned by nowšŸ˜² loooong before now

7 Likes

Price is not the only thing Glock has going for it but this is hardley the place for yet another platform debate. The 1911 is a fine pistol.

5 Likes

Oh yea, nevermind then.

5 Likes

Nice shooting!!!

7 Likes

I have no idea why, but I shoot my Glock better. Even so, I love shooting my 1911 way more! If I had to give up one or the other, Iā€™d keep the 1911, but am glad I have both.

7 Likes

Do firearms really need to be broken in?
Cars used to require it once upon a time, but as quality improved, thereā€™s no mention of it anymore.
The same with motorcycles these days.
I suspect the same is true of our guns.
Iā€™ve never bothered with new ones from a respected manufacturer, and they all shot as well as yours.
Just a thought.

3 Likes

some do
I think for an example the Girsan 28 - great gun - what the M&P 9 would want to be, but fresh out of the box gritty (moving parts). So instead of stripping it and attacking anything that is a contact surface with a stone, Lots of racking followed by shooting and the trigger started to improve. We never had any FTF, FTE or battery issues just it felt gritty.
Some firearms do require the wear / contact surfaces to mate for better performance hence the break in period.

4 Likes

There better be room for my Star BM in your heaven or imma burn the place down. :star:

4 Likes

:rofl: sure! Plenty of room!

2 Likes

1911s are antiques, a design from over a 100 years ago. They are barely one step ahead of flintlocks.

2 Likes

This coming from the ginger that still probably bites the heads off of grasshoppersā€¦

3 Likes

I would if I could find some of them chocolate covered ones.

3 Likes

I hear ya

2 Likes

So the ball point pen offends you also?

4 Likes

I believe this statement is one of the reasons for your troll badge. :wink:

However, if you truly believe that flintlock comment then I feel sorry for you mate as wheelguns and bolt actions have been around even longer than a 1911 but people still use them today. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes