For you AK guys and gals what are your preferred mags?

I’m going to start stockpiling AK mags but am unsure what is a decent quality mag. Obviously I like PMAGs for my AR but I’m not really that familiar with AK mags much.

Was thinking about maybe these along with some PMAGs…

https://www.themagshack.com/shop/arsenal-circle-10-ak-47-7-62x39-40-rd-magazine/

https://www.themagshack.com/shop/sgm-tactical-ak-47-7-62x39-30-round-magazine/

6 Likes

Well, I always seem to have issues with magpul magazines maybe it’s just me?

3 Likes

What type of issues?

2 Likes

Loading, they generally don’t load the ammunition into the chamber on a consistent basis…could be the ammo I suppose

3 Likes

What caliber/gun mags?

3 Likes

yah it’s you - you have to load from the left and shoot from the right side

3 Likes

The rifle was an AK 47, Romania, WASR 10 Romarm inc .762, but we were shooting Wolf ammo🤷🏼‍♂️

2 Likes

Got it. I was curious because I’ve only had AR-15 pmags and AR-10 pmags. neither of which I’ve had any issues with yet. My 30 round pmags for the 556 I have had loaded for seven or eight years and occasionally fire off some of those without issue. The 308 pmags I’ve only had loaded for about 6-7 months without issue… I don’t believe that ammo would be the issue in your case, but there are far smarter people here than I with more experience with those calibers that can tell you better

1 Like

Not sure, could have been a faulty mag…

1 Like

Romanian steel mags work on everything including my Chinese AK.

3 Likes

I have a mixed bag of AK magazines…foreign, domestic, new, used milsurps, polymer, etc. They all work.

4 Likes

I have used nothing buy Pmags in my KS47 and zero issues…

3 Likes

In case it helps I have a Romanian WASR I just bought back in March. I did get a Bulgarian waffle mag but it was a bit expensive looking back at when I bought it but it was an impulse buy at the register. Haha.

2 Likes

Romanian S. Korea an others here.
STEEL.
Why?

3 Likes

That’s pretty impressive.

2 Likes

I’m a big Magpul fan for the AR…but only Commie surplus steel mags for my AK.

2 Likes

I’d buy one of each of the cheap metal ones and try them out. If any fail to feed you know what not to waste money on in the future. My Yugo PAP likes Yugo mags a Magpul fits tight but works.

1 Like

I’ve had the Magpuls pop out of the magwells once they wear a little, also, the only times I’ve had ftf’s with my AKs has been with Magpul and other plastic mags…and obviously they’re not going to take the punishment of a surplus mag.

But the real winner in my book is that you can beat someone to death with a steel surplus mag if you run out of ammo…try that with plastic!

4 Likes

Surplus mags @Chuparosa screw the plastic crap buy steel
Most 30 rounders can be had for 12 -15 dollar sometimes cheaper
Buy once cry once
That plastic shit breaks
Circle 10 poly we mags are the shit though
Just buy surplus you can thank me later

6 Likes