Forged in the USA

I know I was forged here! I think in the rear seat of a 55’ Belair…

8 Likes

The Chinese thing going on right now is insane. Threatening Cold War with us and all. We need to stop buying Chinese completely

8 Likes

That’s actually a size, you’d never need them if you weren’t running an old Triumph or similar

7 Likes

I started building my tool collection when I was still a teenager working on cars. I never had much money, but always bought name brand stuff like Craftsman and SK. Swap meets were chock full of old tools like this in the late 80’s. There were very few sets -not that I could afford buying that way anyway- so I pretty much pieced everything together over a long period of time. So while relatively few of my tools “match” I do have everything I need to get just about any job done.

5 Likes

Easco, Craftsman, and SK wrenches. I like how prominently the Easco has MADE IN U.S.A. stamped on the back:

6 Likes

Sadly Bruce went from a blue collar guy, we were big Asbury Park people back in the 70’s and saw him often, to a libtard limousine liberal.
He can GTH now.

8 Likes

SK 3/8" drive ratchet set:

7 Likes

Open ended Thorsen. Don’t know much about them, but dang this thing is handy. It was caked in tar or something when I bought it for a dime (IIRC) at a swap meet. Soaked in ATF for a week then shined 'em up enough for pocket carry. I was running a 6-spindle Ingersoll-Rand screw machine at GM at the time and this was my “EDC” to make tooling adjustments:

About half as handy as this old Crestoloy adjustable. Mostly patina on this guy that’s first out of the box most days:

7 Likes

Finally… it’s Hammer time. I love a good hammer:

8 Likes

Oh wait, forgot the 460’s. For when you really wanna bite down:

7 Likes

Your 3rd from the right I have myself, a neighbor brought a few things to put in a yard sale I had 30 years ago, pretty sure he said 25 cents so I bought it, its my go to for demo, pretty sure it was a sears product

I also have a Stiletto Ti-Bone framer which cost so much I rarely use it

8 Likes

I have a few of theose easco and thorsen wrenches, not many. have a few SK tools. My father worked on aircraft in WW2 and I have his set of 1/4 inch drive snap on tools. they have US stamped on the ratchet.

7 Likes

A quick Google search yielded some good historical information about Thorsen.

7 Likes