Franken-Glock 22: A True Underdog Story

A few days ago I posted a picture of a Glock 22 .40 S&W police trade in I got off of Armslist in exchange for a rifle that I had less than $240 in. A fair trade I feel for a pistol that I can experiment on without feeling too bad if I mess something up.

After I got this thing I couldn’t wait to go to work. My local GT Distributors sells Vicker’s aftermarket parts for less than internet prices, so I figured I would see how cheaply I could turn this used and abused pistol into a tack driver.

Upgrades include 9mm Lone Wolf conversion barrel (polished the ramp and chamber), rubberized Talon Grips, polished internals (ALL), Vicker’s extended slide release, Ghost complete spring kit, Ghost 3.5lb trigger connector (polished to a better mirror finish), Vicker’s flat faced trigger (disassembled and polished inside bearing surfaces and pins), Glock Store 13lb recoil spring and super heavy tungsten guide rod, and Vicker’s grip plug with takedown tool.

I have to say, WOW! What a difference. This Frankenstein Glock can not miss!!! Groups are the size of a Quarter or less. The Vicker’s trigger sucked until I re-worked it. Now the reset and pull is better than any other pistol that I own. So where do I go from here?

My local engraver does laser etching for $35 and rotary engraving for $45, no matter how big or small. I’m thinking of having the slide etched or engraved with a picture of Frankenstein and some wording just for fun! Does anyone have any ideas?

“Young Glockensteen”

@byzpilgrim I like that!

The wife used her computer skills and came up with this for me. Last name is marked out.

I like that better