Full30 collaborative 1911 build

For the sake of this discussion let’s start this thread so we can keep it all straight and figure out if this is something that we can really get finished

Also to add once the frame is completed it either has to be done by the end user or registered by a ffl here so we can raffle it off or do something to benefit this site not our selves

I can contribute parts or labor either one works for me
So here we go
Let’s begin

4 Likes

guess the other thread like this is locked?

depending on price range I may be interested - are we getting them in bulk or something or would it be on a per-order basis?

2 Likes

I posted pics in the other thread. I have an old STI slide and a bull barrel in 40 that the project can have.

2 Likes

The thread your talking about is my build thread

2 Likes

This is thread we should focus on for this full 30 build
I think we were thinking a one off build

2 Likes

Why I this thread in introductions? Wouldn’t gunsmithing be a better section?

2 Likes

I wanted maximum input from the whole forum
And let’s face it introductions has the most reply’s and traffic
My thinking was also that we should discuss as a forum as whole the idea of building something like this to benefit the site as a whole not as a person
If it works and sells all the proceeds should go to the site to keep the lights on

2 Likes

Just curious why it was here. Just let me know where the slide and barrel need to get shipped to.
The slide also has an extractor in it. Bomar cut for adjustable sights.

3 Likes

Excellent
Thank you

3 Likes

I’ll have to see what parts I have, but I’m willing to contribute parts and/or labor if it is desired.

1 Like