Full30 Knife Thread

Yet… @SAK

3 Likes

Always wanted a machete but never got one.
Not much use in sage brush and pine trees.
Cant swing one in oak brush.
Cant do anything in oak brush…
Still cool though.

4 Likes

Started to EDC this ESEE Izula about six weeks ago and have loved it. It fits in my pliers pocket just right, easy to grab but stays just out of site and in place, maybe a headstand would drop it out but don’t see that happening anytime soon. Biggest benefit I have seen is the fixed blade, a truly beatable knife at .156" thick. At 6 1/4 inch overall with a 2 5/8" cutting edge it fits my agency restrictions on knife size for carry at work. This one has their black oxide finish, much better for everyday cutting tasks compared to the textured powder coating they offer. It is 1095 high carbon steel but I have not seen any rusting issues. It has a fresh stropping on it in the pictures but will quickly develop a patina on the exposed steel after some use. The handle scales are optional but for EDC a must have in my book. These scales are from The Knife Connection and made of G10. I still need to get a seal on them so I don’t have to take them off for cleaning, for food use I don’t want any grunge growing under the scales, I will be using some silicone under them to seal it up. I find the steel very easy to sharpen to a hair popping edge and it holds up very well, a great balance between ease of sharpening and edge retention. I’m an all in ESEE whore with no shame!

11 Likes

Great knife!

4 Likes

That’s awesome, SAK. Imagine one in each hand…

4 Likes

The Book of Eli comes to mind when seeing this. Nice blade sir.

6 Likes

@Jeff300 Thanks, Book of Eli that was a good movie.

5 Likes

What I would do if it was me… Sand it until the wood is naked. Gouge it, scratch it and mark it then cut your finger and straight up rub some blood on that bad boy.

Man, I wanna do that I think.

4 Likes

Ha! As hardcore bad-assery as that is, wouldn’t it be smarter to use the blood of my enemy I just slew with my tomahawk?

4 Likes

Touche’! My method guarantees no jail time. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Awesome wild-ass blade @SAK !!!

3 Likes

Touché back to you, mon ami! Definitely much smarter to keep out of jail!

3 Likes

Sweet hawk! Kinda makes you wanna go out and scalp somebody…:joy:

5 Likes

:rofl: it does

4 Likes
5 Likes

In the newly profound darkness, stars of infinite number and distance shone with a brilliance fueled by eternal indifference. Alone below were but silence, radiation, warm ash and cold steel.

Cold Steel Wild West Bowie. Textured tang and scales, waterproofed and distressed sheath. Hold on to your scalp!

9 Likes

Microtech Hawk auto.

10 Likes

Great stuff for slicing through those plastic rings that hold together Mountain Dew bottles and opening Cheetos bags here in mom’s basement! :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Pretty cool!

5 Likes

Way cool!!

5 Likes