Full30 Knife Thread

My father bought a pair of these knives in the late 70s to early 80s for his mother and step father. When she passed away she left them to my brother and I. Probably my favorite knife

12 Likes

My Kizlyar “Alligator” machete.

11 Likes

Just thought I would give an update…
I have been without my Benchmade for nearly two months. It’s been gone for a clip replacement. I’m on the fence here… repairs SUCK! Their turnaround time is absolutely horrible. However, I bought another CRKT, so I wouldn’t be naked and, after carrying the Benchmade, can see how quirky it actually is. The Benchmade is smooth and opens flawlessly every time. The edge was superb. Nice edge on the CRKT but it’s a bit clumsy. The lock gets pushed on and is sometimes a problem when trying to open. Fine if it’s just a box you’re poking at but, if you have to defend yourself, you’re screwed!

10 Likes

KeithP:

Very nice looking knives, especially the Benchmade. How much do Benchmade knives go for?

How would they compare to other quality knives ?

4 Likes

Benchmade knives typically run between $100 and $400 or so. See BladeHQ. Gerber isn’t ashamed to sell a $12 knife and rarely even tells you what steel the blade is made of. On the other hand, you don’t actually want to know. At least they make a handful of knives out of S30V.

CRKT sells a lot of knives in the $40 to $50 range, mostly out of 8Cr13/14MoV (yuck). So, while Benchmade tends to be overpriced, their knives are definitely a step up from either Gerber or CRKT. Also, consider a Kizer or Cold Steel in S35VN steel. To spend less, in my opinion, is penny wise and pound foolish.

7 Likes

Thanks for education on knives, Prepper10.

Looks like I should be buying Benchmade knives instead.

7 Likes

I love benchmade knives about 10 years ago I gave up on cheap knives always breaking and never holding a edge
Spend the extra cash for a good knife you won’t be disappointed

10 Likes

I know better than to ask what’s in the LEFT pocket!

7 Likes

John Rambo’s got a new knife and it looks like a real Beast! designed by Dietmar Pohl of Pohl Force knifes, it’s called the heart-stopper!

7 Likes

Damn, they didn’t take my nomination to name it the cuddle bunny :rabbit:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: that’s a good one Robert maybe next time?

4 Likes

7 Likes

The last Rambo movie was pretty good ,the 1911 seen on the docks was pretty epic.

4 Likes

He’ll load up on HGH & anabolic steroids to make it work

3 Likes

I think the last one was good but im not so sure about the next one.

3 Likes

Who cares as long as the movie is decent. It beats the skinny jean wearing feminine men that are becoming more and more common.

3 Likes

My favorite scene from the last one.

5 Likes

Also this

5 Likes

Bingo. :syringe::pill:

But, I’m still hoping for Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot! II.

4 Likes

Here’s some of my latest stuff…

From a farrier’s rasp (video on my channel)

And not a knife but…

15 Likes