Full30 Knife Thread

stimpsonjcat I remember, how did the new handle turn out.

6 Likes

Customer hasn’t sent the axe back yet!

7 Likes

rainbow

13 Likes

If I had your money I could burn mine!

Sweet looking knife @Prepper10

7 Likes

I love tomahawks. I got into it, and I have the cold steel pipe Hawk, the M-48, and the Estwing double bladed tomahawk just because barbarians are cool.

Anyways I just wanted to share the results of my my knife design. I got it 3D printed off of my site of Shapeways, and it came out great! Ready to go!

Now I must improve and modify the file for the handgrip. Now that i have seen how it feels in the hand I know how to improve it.

Tomahawks are different from regular axes, in the way that they are attached. Usually a tomahawk is just a friction fit. The handle is wider and flared at one end like a Bellbottom pant, and so you slide the axe head from the bottom up to the top where it locks onto the wider portion. The inside of the axe head is also a cone shape so it fits onto the wood. And then you just jam it on there, and maybe you wrap it with some thread if you really want it to never come off. Then if you need to replace it, you just cut the handle off or take the handle off and get a new handle.

11 Likes

Hey, the collapse will come before the credit card bill, right? . . . RIGHT?! :flushed:

8 Likes

Shove a wooden handle through the knife’s hole and you’ve got a mini-axe! :thinking:

7 Likes

That is actually a really good idea. I had not actually thought of doing that. Like a war pick.

The idea is to make a Rope Dart (Sheng Biao) that is a CA legal pocketknife. The folding cover goes onto the round spokes.

This knife turned out really nice. The Bronze-Steel Alloy is actually very sturdy and strong. Have not deeply tested it though. I need to sharpen it but for throwing weapons like this it doesn’t need to be sharp.

Some new creations:

6 Likes

You guys here are really good creators and perhaps a little twisted, nicely I say. I want to follow your progress and try to learn.

4 Likes

@Chuparosa the last knife is not damascuss in appearance. If its what I think it is its a ken Richardson Knife. Those swirl mark are put on it after grinding as I remember. I have one of his knives I got off of ebay and after that theywent through the roof on price. Its purdy My friend

5 Likes

this is a Buck Kalinga wood handle folder. Never been carried or sharpened

CRKT Daily Carry

CRKT Daily carry

Ken Richardson ANtler handle knife never carried

Just a few and my favorites. Somewhere in this house I have another Camoed Kalinga I hunt with but at this moment I cant remember where its at

12 Likes

My tanto i have under my work bench for close encounters. Hahhahaha

13 Likes

Here’s my tomahawk. I tried to force a patina on the blade, but the color didn’t quite come out the way I wanted. Not sure I like the red-stained handle. I may try an alcohol-based yellow color on the handle next to give it a bit more contrast with the blade before I try a leather wrap underneath the blade. Or I may just leave it and try some brass tacks up top.

13 Likes

I kinda like the red. Looks nice.

5 Likes

Some ideas.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/513050384/leather-sheath-for-cold-steel-trailhawk

haft

10 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Definitely could use a new sheath, and that leather one is nice! Also like the cool designs and brass tacks on the bottom one.

2 Likes

I love blades of all sizes… :grin:

9 Likes

Working on a personal long term project… :grin:

8 Likes

Well I cannot upload a video directly from my phone… darn

1 Like