Full30 Knife Thread

That’s a beauty!

4 Likes

Randall Made 16-7 diver with saw teeth. Ordered on 7/9/14, and it just arrived today!

6 Likes

Congradulations that’s one awesome knife :+1:

4 Likes

You’ll need it to saw a hole in the ice big enough to go diving! :wink::penguin:

3 Likes

Thank you Brother!

2 Likes

Yeah no kidding, there is ice on all the lakes out here!

1 Like

Holy balls! I didnt know they were still making knives… when did they start up again?

2 Likes

I don’t know that they ever stopped, but as you can see it takes a while to get a knife and they are very expensive.

3 Likes

I read right over that the first time,

thant my friend is dedication and patience

WOW

3 Likes

For something to take that long, they must be digging the materials out of the ground and alloying it into steel by themselves before making it. That’s a LOOOOONG time to wait. I don’t have the patience.

It’s beautiful though. Hope it is worth the wait.

4 Likes

I love that style. Super cool

1 Like

Hello everyone, thanks for having me and I want to show you my super cool knife that I have invented and put up on ShapeWays.

It is a folding full tang fixed blade Kunai.

What folds is the cover, which rotates around the blade - covering it. It’s California legal as a pocket knife.

If you order it from Shapeways they’ll make it in their factory and ship it to your door. It’ll probably be made with FDM or other metal 3-D printing processes.

The main goal is to enable Rope Dart (Sheng Biao) but you can have it in the pocket as a folding knife.

I explained the idea to my local law-enforcement friends and they said it would be fine as long as it’s a certain length. So I just made it barely under that certain length. You don’t need it to be long anyways for a rope dart.

You need to get the knife and the cover as two separate objects. Then you just put them together. The cover is cheap. Just get the cover in plastic because there’s no need for it to be metal. Of course you can get it all plastic just as a cool thing.

2 Likes

Woods Chogan T-Hawk.

9 Likes

Lonewolf likes!!!:+1:

8 Likes

Yeah thats badass!

6 Likes

11 Likes

I love the purple band or sageo if you will.

4 Likes

Now that’s nice!:+1:

3 Likes

@SAK

What keeps the metal portion attached to the wood portion?

I had an axe like that years ago and thru some heavy use, the metal portion went flying off. Was never able to use it (safely) again. Hopefully this one is better made than what I had.

3 Likes

Traditionally a bamboo wood plug.
Pushed through the Handel and the tang of the blade.

3 Likes