Full30 Smoke house

Lets get those juices flowing. Post up your mouth watering meat.

14 Likes

WTF, where’s the invite?

9 Likes

As much as the ladies would like it I’m going to have to decline to post up a pic of my meat.

9 Likes

:rofl::joy:

8 Likes

Gonna get my smoker back from the desert house this weekend so I’ll post something next weekend

9 Likes

Ok… where’s the invite sir?

7 Likes

someone must have some old secret family recipes to share?

5 Likes

The touble with old family recipes is you will run out of family after awhile.

4 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

Almost time to smoke that Thanksgiving turkey!

4 Likes

My woman is cooking up some Frijole Rancheros and tamales for thanksgiving (among other stuff). Maybe some gringo food too but im more excited for the mexican stuff.

5 Likes

This is tonights dinner

6 Likes

I came so close to making pastrami last week. Our old freezer pooped itself, not good, but there was a silver lining. Yes, we got another freezer same day we discovered the bad one. Anyway, in moving the contents we discovered 3 primal beef briskets that we forgot we had. I took one and turned it into corned beef. Once it’s corned it’s a simple matter to make pastrami, but I didn’t. I have 2 more. Also at least 3 boneless pork butts. Maybe there is Taylor Ham in our future? IDK. We love TH and can’t buy it in quantity up here in Maine. But I can make it. :slight_smile: It’s involved but not difficult.

edit: If you don’t have your freezers so equipped I STRONGLY suggest a monitor on each one. Make it a habit to check it every time you’re near it and set the alarm set points. If ours had gone for another day we’d have had to cook and pressure can a bunch of meat.

6 Likes

Gave a tenderloin a nice tan yesterday.

7 Likes

Never known anyone to do that

or that, always just bought them, both are intriguing to learn

You do eat well don’t you :grin:

6 Likes

Turkeys turned out well yesterday. Did a full bird for our gathering and a bone-in breast for my parents. Injected with Creole butter and seasoned on the outside with a mix of spices. Brother is a big smoker and he raved about it. Was going to dry brine but had kitchen issues and didn’t have a chance. I’d never brined before so I still don’t know if I’m missing out.

8 Likes

22.44-pound turkey

7 Likes

Good looking bird. I spatchcocked my 15.5# bird and it took about 3.25 hrs. Hardly any work at all compared to my briskets.

5 Likes

OMG, brisket is the worst. If memory serves, this was 21 hours in the smoker. My only regret is I didn’t have any apple cider to spray on it every half hour. Makes for an amazing bark.

5 Likes