Gangs in the military and shtf

personal experience aside but there was a greater “gang” presence during and immediately after the draft than with the later volunteer military. I remember on a couple exchange attachments being warned about parts of bases that no one went to unless you were affiliated.
Do “gang” members join to learn how to be deadlier - in truth the two really do not translate well into the civilian world. I still have the knowledge on how to implode most building or make really big holes in things and I am sure the nefarious elements of society gained that knowledge also. But with that being said most militaries have a very good system of checks and balances to keep the wrong from getting that knowledges. Yes the system has cracks and a few don’t get caught in the filters, besides there is a far easier way to gain the experience without the sleep depravation, hunger, pain and haircuts.

5 Likes

Yeah, I can’t imagine putting myself through that just for the what? Range time? But whatever, clearly they don’t think the same way I do.

I can see it as a good way to escape gang life.

4 Likes