Geared Up! (Miscellaneous Gear Photos)

I actually wouldn’t run the belt in the photo. It was my first belt that I got, just a pretty cheap one. Don’t even remember the name.

I ran my Volund Gearworks belt for a while and it is awesome: http://store.volundgearworks.com/

I’m currently running the DSG competition belt and it kicks ass: https://dsgarms.com/ktdsgbc

2 Likes

SHarp

2 Likes

Did this just die off because no one was interested?

These, or something very close to it… run with me everywhere.

8 Likes

9 Likes

3 Likes

No, there is a bunch a gear threads that jf89 started. You just have to find them.

6 Likes

I’m not much of a Black Friday or Cyber Monday kinda guy, but it just so happened that on Monday, I decided to buy a new gun case :slight_smile:

I picked this up awhile back also, but haven’t actually used it yet…

I was most excited about the $9 tackle box I got on clearance so I could organize all the little pieces hanging out in my desk drawer lol…

8 Likes

Nice!

4 Likes

@switchpod, what’s your set up there? Looks heavy!

That is a fantastic idea that I will be doing!

8 Likes

The plate carrier is a Warrior Assault Systems DCS. NTOA certified.
http://www.warriorassaultsystems.com/elite-ops-range/amour-carriers/dcs-plate-carrier/
Spartan armor level 3, 10”x12” front, and rear plates. 6”x8” side plates.

Standard issue IFAK, added items hemostat, alcohol wipes, bandaids, 2 kats tourniquets, 1 RATS tourniquet, razor.

Holster is a Blackhawk level 3 serpa, with strike speed clip.

Knife is a Eickhorn KM2000. Streamlight por-tac HL, Baofang UV-5R radio, multi-tool.

Carrier holds 6 magazines with XM855 loaded.

The carrier with load weights 38.4 lbs. it’s not that bad as long as your going for 4 hours. After that it’s up to your own mental resilience.

9 Likes

My setup as of 2018, still some things that I want to change, but the Spiritus Systems LV-119 is very nice. I hike and run with the carrier slicked down 2 to 3 times a week. Very stable and comfortable at least for my body type (pretty average height and build). NAR IFAK in the sack pouch under the carrier and supplemental CAT tourniquets on my beltline and on body.

9 Likes

If I needed to cover ground quickly I would throw this on.

ABA Kevlar with an added level 3A plate.

For the load I would use the SOE mookie war rig light.

8 mags, electric tape. Compass, map, 2Qt water bladder. This is a much lighter setup and still offers some protection.

9 Likes

What I have with me

So I have 360 rounds loaded, spare mag for my side arm, blade, smoke, dump bag, med kit, all able to go over heavy clothing. It is 11° F today… so… clothing… and some spare… hahahhahaa
Ammo is actually not 360, though it is with my rifle. I load my mags to 28 / 29 usually staggered with green tip and HP

8 Likes

I want to buy that just for the tag :slight_smile:

5 Likes

here it was at work today… :grin:

6 Likes

I have to admit, that is an epic tag. Hahhahahah :heart_eyes::+1::us::us::us::us::us:

5 Likes

Training Rig

9 Likes

Huh, didnt you say you run a LPVO on your goto rifle? What made you change your mind and go back to an RDS?

3 Likes

Good catch @Caw. The RDS is on the go to in house rifle. No real need for magnification where I live, let alone in The house.
I have stepped away from RDS as of late due to the fact that we all age and even though I have great vision I know that eventually like everything else it will fade. A low power variable optic in my mind will go the distance… no pun intended.

3 Likes

Good pun though

4 Likes