GenX

8 Likes

Definitely Gen X

7 Likes

Born Boomer, think as a Boomer.

3 Likes

Am I the only Millenial here?

6 Likes

Based on the fact youā€™re the only one with a Troll badge, Iā€™d say yes, probably so. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

The best trolls are senior citizens, just look at Trump.

5 Likes

We are just better at it than you.
Something to be said for experience.

Were Old Were Tired
GET OFF OUR LAWN

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Yes you are! The rest of us here are adults!:joy: okay the rest of us are older, not going to swear that weā€™re any more mature and responsibleā€‹:rofl::smile:

5 Likes

My daughter is a millenial. I know the older generations like to pick on them, but I personally think they got a raw deal. Theyā€™re likely to inherit an astronomically huge national debt (as if it isnā€™t large enough already) and a bankrupt social security and medicare system after its all used up by the large, aging baby boomer generation (and later my GenX generation, assuming thereā€™s any left).

And despite the low unemployment rate, many of them canā€™t find decent enough jobs. My daughter and younger sister-in-law both have recent college degrees, but can only find menial retail and clerical work that pays a bit above minimum wage. My sister-in-lawā€™s boyfriend is a civil engineer and Air Force Academy graduate and is also having trouble finding work. Similar experience happened to my fellow Gen Xers in the 80ā€™s and early 90ā€™s, but back then rent, car payments, insurance, etc., werenā€™t the same sky high prices they are today. Plus, globalization was still not as impactful as it is today.

3 Likes

I was finally able to steer my son and daughter away from college. (Not before my daughter racked up $30k 1st year of PSU thoughšŸ˜­) my son went to welding school & has been with the Iron Workers over a year now, making decent wages & benifits. My daughter deserted her ambition to be an editor & just finished up nursing school &will be an RN. Her graduation/pining ceremony is in 2 weeks. So I believe sheā€™ll be alright. Many of their friends went conventional college route, in debt to$250k + & canā€™t find shit either in their field or paying anything suitable. Itā€™s rough out there!!

8 Likes

Thatā€™s great. Not only will they have less debt and better jobs, they will have real skills.

7 Likes

They are both making(or in a few weeks, will be earning) more $ than me! Hopefully they put me in a nice nursing home some dayšŸ˜‚

8 Likes

I tried to steer my daughter into health care, just like my parents tried to do with me over 30 years ago. Like me, she didnā€™t listen. But good on you for convincing your kids. I donā€™t see their jobs easily outsourced by globalization or automated or replaced by AI technology any time soon.

4 Likes

Hope not! :worried: wish Iā€™d had listened to ā€˜someā€™ of my parents advise. But ya know how that goes, we ā€œknew it allā€ at that age. Some things we were told made sense and we followed the advise, other things had to be learned the hard way unfortunately. Fact/part of life & growing up I guess.

5 Likes

My point exactly. Trumps trolling is very impressive, ive never seen so many heads explode from one person.

4 Likes

The Don is making the rats eat each other.
What more could ask for except open season on the filth destroying the USA.

7 Likes