Give the devil his due

I watched the video and have a few thoughts - I guess I see John’s point in some regards.

I don’t want to engage on bigger gun sites on youtube - they are too big and any comments will go un-noticed or have trolls be angry putzes on them. I’ve got that on even positive excited comments on pages like FullMag. hence I don’t comment much. Maybe I need to watch more full30 vids but … I’m good with just a forum - I don’t really need the video side of it for me but I see its place. A lot of people moved stuff here after the ad-pocolypse right?

I don’t need an app - I have chrome and it works fine on the phone in chrome.

What I like about full30 is the community. Yall know a lot about guns and have been very helpful in that regard. I hope I have returned the favor in some regard or can some day. i think its great that we have branched out into knives and other topics - there’s some good influencers on here - and some good de-railer’s too :smiley: I do like the live chat option but not everyone is around when others are.

ok - maybe more later, but the squirmy 4 month old on my lap don’t want me to type good

Also - Twitter and FB aren’t in my realm - I don’t use them, too much junk out there I don’t need or want. Starting to think the same about YT

15 Likes

Everybody keeps referring to the guy in the video as John. Is it wrong that I have no idea who he is / don’t think I’ve ever seen him before? I probably just don’t get out enough. :neutral_face: Anyhoo…

Everyone talking about him like he’s a celebrity leaves me feeling like I’m on the receiving end of this…

giphy (16)

9 Likes

8 Likes

Don’t feel too bad I had never heard of him before either.

6 Likes

I’ve heard of Baby Huey, but I never heard of him til now.

So his video made it sound that full30 had changed ownership at one time? I’m guessing the investment needed to support the bandwidth for new and more videos must be substantial, and then to rely on advertising to pay creators must also be a challenge. I’ve wondered why the gun industry, like gun and ammo manufacturers, mag and other parts manufacturers, haven’t pooled their resources to financially support an online and social media platform friendly to the industry and its users and customer base. Granted, they’re probably not as big as other industries (oil and gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, real estate development, etc.), but there are still some big names like Ruger, Springfield, Henry, Brownells’s, Betetta, etc., who could help provide the bulk of the financing to invest in something like that. I’d think it would be to their benefit that could allow for a good marketing and advertising strategy, but I admit I’m no market or finance expert. So I could be wrong about that.

8 Likes

Extremely substantial, your strategy is well conceived, united gun owners would be fantastic and very powerful, IMO the NRA would look like a cub scout troop in comparison

But does everyone want whats best for others long term, or themselves short term?

9 Likes

We should push for it! Except I admit I don’t know how or what to do. I know of the NSSF, which appears to be the industry’s trade group. Investing in or donating to a platform like full30 should benefit them, especially in the long term, but like you said they may be too short-sighted to see the pay off. Plus, they may start their own platform with their own rules to compete against full30, gunstreamer and other fledging 2A-friendly video hosting alternatives. But I could be over thinking that.

7 Likes

@Robert
Do you actually want to have an impact right now? Figure out how to get funding for a large scale internet based militia group. Something that people can feel involved in across America. Give them a reasonably safe place to talk and start mass organization and training.
THAT would be a game changer for gun rights and freedom. Anything else is just foolishness at this point…the marching, the small scale protests will only earn progress under 3 situations and we are not in position for any of them…
1.) When a regime/system is teetering on the edge and just needs a push to send it over .
2.) When a protest movement throws up martyrs
3.) When those in power are smart enough to realise that they can shore up their own position by acceding to the protestors’ demands .

6 Likes

Well, this post made me realize while I had a badge for FXXXM I had no group

so I made one and set you as owner to add the existing badge holders as members and handle new member requests

https://forum.full30.com/g/FXXXM

While I have no funding for the group perse I am requesting funding for the

Lets see what impact we can have :sunglasses:

8 Likes

@Robert
Ok getting everything geared up for the launch of this… could you get my full30 channel authorized please so i can upload videos here for recruitment and training without worrying about youtube perm deleting them? I intend to use both platforms for recruitment.

7 Likes

I’m sure I should know, but please link it here and I’ll post it for unlock to see

5 Likes

i run across big channels that i have NEVER heard of before ALL the time… and I am a creator who makes events and meets new creators constantly… so yeah, understandable, completely

7 Likes

yep, i get that all the time and feel EXACTLY the same way, why I usually comment on a smaller platform. and also why i LOVE Patreon as a platform… of course to interact with most you do have to throw a buck a month their way.

7 Likes

@robert
https://www.full30.com/channels/nighthawk-medic-shoots

6 Likes

@Sarge4206th and @Robert

site is still reserved…

5 Likes

How does one unlock?

6 Likes

You should be now

5 Likes

Ty sir.

5 Likes

I can’t see any information about this video, and there is no time bar. I can’t fast-forward or see how long the video is in advance. Is this normal?

5 Likes

Yes, you can do all that on the home page and hopefully soon in embedded posts

4 Likes