Give the devil his due

They can on the home page and I’ll be sure its put on the need to improve list for when its embedded

12 Likes

@Robert, and everyone else, GREAT THREAD HERE and I, of course, am going to have a LOT to say, so let’s dive in…

First, Jon is right on some things and wrong on others. Like many, mostly larger channels, he is also not telling you everything. I don’t want to accuse anyone of actually lying and that is not what I am saying. But, some people/channels are not seeing things from every angle, they are not talking or networking with the same people, they are not educated enough on tech and platform use/policy, they have different goals, they are in a different place in their life, etc, etc, etc. Again, no poke to Jon here, this is how disagreements and such are always created… we are all different.

Now, let’s address a few issues…

First, he is right, you can’t see an alternative rise up with just firearms alone, we are complex beings. Remember what I just said about being different, yep, that ya go.

Revenue generation should not be an issue here, especially if you are simply uploading content available every where. That only requires a few minutes max per episode uploaded and so why not have your content in as many places as possible. If you are doing things right as a creator then you should be diversified with revenue the same way you are diversified in platforms. Fan funding, affiliate marketing, channel memberships, swag stores, corporate sponsorship, these forms of revenue generation are not platform dependent. And, more revenue can be generated from these than with ads, even on the big Tube.

But what about reach, well, he is right. I love participating here, you guys know that and I love uploading to FULL30. I often get more views here than YouTube. Thank you for that by the way. That said, I MUST always be reaching for new audiences. My goal is not to preach to the choir. I love you guys and I love talking guns, that is my wheelhouse but there are new people coming into the gun community every day and I want to make sure they are welcome. They are on YouTube because, well, it is YouTube. So again, places like FULL30 have their place, even if they are an echo chamber.

I have been saying for a while, the dynamic of firearm content channels is changing. More and more people are going to the smaller channels rather than the big one. Why, because the big ones are often to politically correct, placate to daily drama too much, just don’t seem real, shill entirely too much and are obviously disconnected from the creator community as a whole.

When I see videos like this, again, Jon ain’t the only one to do them, my thinking is, well, that is a big channel, their goals are different, maybe they want to keep things going the same way they have done it for years because that is the way it has always been, they are used to it and it is easy. The sad truth is, this is a different world now, newer creators understand this, we adapt, we bob, we weave, we scrap, we claw, we are hungry and we do what we need to do. The playing field is beginning to level and it is my opinion that the big dogs better learn how to play on that new field sooner than later.

I do want to touch on a couple of specific thoughts I have had lately. First, and I actually posted a thread about this. I have for while wanted to post my Instagram Live replays over here. Currently they only go to YouTube, why? Well first it is just me, in vertical format, talking with the audience about guns and all kinds of other stuff. I just don’t feel it meshes enough with the format of the FULL30 platform.

The same can be said for the After Hours show and replay we do every Thursday night on YouTube. When i talk about being a bigger part of the creator community, that is my contribution. Those live streams and replays actually hurt my channel because they are more about the behind the scenes technical stuff and seldom is there even mention of a firearm, ammo, etc. That is just not the place or time. Would those be something that FULL30 viewers would even watch? Would those be something that would even be accepted here by other creators (ironic since it is about being a creator)? Would that content be accepted by those who run this platform? Just questions I have when it comes to posting a more well rounded representation of who I am here on FULL30.

That is my rant, I am sure I left things out and did not elaborate enough on others, so roast me with replies if you made it this far, you have earned the right. As for everything said, one more time, this is not about JON, much bigger issues are at play here, issues that actually affect us all and many more niches out there.

12 Likes

@Belt-Fed and @LonewolfMcQuade you had more control than i… i just went with the flow and hit the button, screw it… i needed to get it out LOL

12 Likes

:joy:

11 Likes

Kudo’s to both of you,

One of the complaints I hear about the forum is juvenile behavior, I personally see it improving, I’d like to keep seeing it improve, bettering ourselves as individuals is part of looking out for #1

Yep, reality can be very refreshing, and open rebuke is better than secret love,

Your channel is your channel, if you go off the rails and begun filming yourself training ferrets someone may likely want to address that, otherwise, yes, use your judgement, maybe sample a video, gauge feedback, if you’re successful no one will want to shut you down :sunglasses:

10 Likes

oh, missed a SUPER important point there…why does a gun only platform need to surpass the big 3? it doesn’t, it can be there for a specific purpose and serve a specific purpose, right? do i want a platform that rivals the others, yep, is FULL30 or anything else it? nope, will they become it? nope, but that is totally fine, they are what they are and here is where the perspective comes into play… i can see that and use them for what they are.

13 Likes

I know you are but what am i?! :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

this weeks After Hours will be a promotion/review episode where we take a look at new, up and coming firearm content channels. so I may just polish that one up and upload it to see what happens. the trick may be getting the file size small enough, those can be very long form content… which helps me pick and choose too.

10 Likes

@LonewolfMcQuade @Sarge4206th can’t tag EVERYONE, but, yeah, I am gotten cross and heated and petty and snippy and childish right in the mix with the best of them before. I think we have to do our best to move on, discuss something else, find things we agree on, etc. Most of us here I do think are good people, though we don’t REALLY know each other. Yeah, some of us have channels and put a LOT of videos, audio, pics out there to give one an idea, but you still don’t REALLY know me or I you. Add that to the whole difficulty of written word when it comes to context, blah, blah, blah and it is recipe for some drama from time to time. heck, i have been writing articles for some time and if it were not for Gramarly, they would not be as good as they are, writing is hard. Sure you brain is speaking and your fingers are typing but to get points across and explain things well requires a LOT of writing skill… no offense to anyone here but YOU GUYS DON’T HAVE THAT SKILL in spades and neither do I, BAHAHAHA… and FYI, I don’t use Gramarly for FULL30 comments either. so let the fur fly over misunderstanding, or whatever, just part of the medium here more than anything.

11 Likes

I came here as I wanted a place to upload my content that I knew would be free from censorship, and would perhaps reach a better audience in regards to those seeking out the more technical aspects that I tend to include in my videos.
Some things could flow a little better here, like replying to comments and then being able to follow up to their reply in line.

The upload process gives me errors all the time, and when I press publish, I sometimes have to do it 2/3 times. Long time ago I asked Nick K (not sure if is still with Full30) about adding an ammo section in the categories, as that’s the most appropriate category for a majority of my vids.

I certainly didn’t come here to “get paid”. The allure of earning some ad-revenue was a plus, but to date I’ve never been paid a fraction of the “lifetime earnings” it says I’ve amassed. If you can’t afford to share the ad revenue, I am perfectly OK with that, but communicating something along the lines of needing it for operating costs/whatever legitimate, would be more straightforward.

13 Likes

I believe that will be addressed soon, and I know I often say improvements are coming soon, I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t believe it, we’re raising beef here in a drive through burger society, patience will have its reward.

10 Likes

Awesome. Something communication wise would be very helpful. YT started doing this with their creators insider channel. They’re still not very helpful, but they are working to help inform creators :smiley:

10 Likes

I have never made a penny on any of my content ever. I don’t do this for money or fame and that’s the difference.
I have even not monetized my yt channel on purpose. I don’t want anti 2A adds on my videos.

I agree, but let’s use this to our advantage.
Case and point.

This has the ability to be viewed by 70,000 people and hopefully they go here.

If this helps, it helps period. I have no delusions that yt won’t delete my channel some day.
The real question here and the only one is WHAT DOES THE OWNERS of Full30 want.
1: get paid?
2: have a platform for the 2nd Amendment?
We need the real Answer before discussing what to do next and I hope the answer lands in the latter.

You must also take into consideration the source of the opinion Captain neo.mag right up there with olight. Jon makes fun of small companies making new products for firearms all the time then does a self made commercial in the middle of his video for neo.mag??? WTF?!?!
Content creators should be paid for their time but only if it’s feasible. A video sight can’t pay the bills with out revenue.

We are growing from what I can tell.

Nothing sucks more than working a 75 plus hour week, LIKE LAST WEEK
And every week for months, try to make a video and get shadow banned, or have a bunch a shitty comments, but if I can help just ONE person that gives a shit then I have made a difference.
If you want to delete the food storage video @Robert then do it.
I don’t do this for money, or fame, or any of that. I do it for the people I can help and share with you guys.
Why else would I try to organize us all to go shooting at the “bull pup”last year?
All of social media can close my accounts! They still can’t take away from people I have helped or my talent.

We are all adults, we all know what we are up against. If you can’t take the heat get the fuck out of the kitchen.

Now get back to work! Rant over.

12 Likes

These guys here have mad skills.

11 Likes

i have not had any issues in a very long time but did once upon a time. the format you upload in and definitely speed of your internet makes a huge difference though.

10 Likes

“if you go off the rails and begun filming yourself training ferrets” dammit @Robert , don’t give him ideas!!

11 Likes

You’re the closest to a full30 mascot we’ve got. Don’t worry you won’t be replaced by a ferret. That’s too much of an upgrade.

10 Likes

I have very little to offer you on this one. I left him a short comment on the main video page. I’m just trying to not add another view for Alphabet inc.

8 Likes

tenor (9)

11 Likes

Ever time I see this thread it reminds me of the Charlie Daniels song.

10 Likes