Glock debate 2018!

I’m most likely not on the way, but like I have said before. Stop by anytime Brother. I would love to go shooting with you, the wife and meet the little one as well!

2 Likes

Yea and like I said Sig had to fix the issue. After the army and drop safe issues they changed the design to fix the issue. The new frames and FCUs are not even compatible with the old ones. Ive personally owned a half dozen p320s and had the mentioned issues, its not a matter of opinion. Both that videos info and yours is going off outdated info not relevent to the current p320, that is a fact.

1 Like

I’m not disputing that at all.

1 Like

Thanks brother! :+1: Would be fun!

2 Likes

One thing that does bug me is Sigs refusal to acknowledge this as a recall or saftey issue.

In 1992 Glock had a recall for some similar safety issues but they immediately acknowledged it and issued a recall. At the very least even though Sig fixed these issues ,people should question Sigs integrity.

3 Likes

Yeah I wish sig would do the right thing and cop to it.

Chris Bartucci was a clock armor at the time of the recall, and out lines what happened in another video “ Glock Generations”

5 Likes

@Caw when you have been on the other forums that have the Glock fan boys are these guys into the heavily modified version or stock ? Just curious is all.

I have 2 glocks both I have changed to night sites from stock Glock sites. Neither pistol has failed me. If someone asked me about glocks I would give them the pros and cons as I best I could.

4 Likes

Well I agree that modified Glocks are nice so it was mostly along the lines of questioning Glocks choice of stock triggers and sights or comparing them to competitors offerings. Also they flip out if you dont agree that glocks are perfect.

2 Likes

Have you posted an introduction? If not you should so we can all officially welcome and interrogate you.

1 Like

I didn’t post one today but back in July I guess, been awhile since I did the intro.

2 Likes

That’s the crux of it I think. Glocks are a good product, they really are, but they are not the end-all-to-be-all that a large portion of their ownership group thinks they are. Which is why some of us snicker at these people when we hear them speak this rubbish then follow that up with how they changed out parts on it (upgrading it). I find it humorous. I personally don’t prefer them but appreciate what they are and what they represent. A rugged reliable modifiable platform. You sound like a sensible person so I wouldn’t put you in to those people’s category. :+1: I love steel frame pistols and wheelguns but realize like the plastic frame stuff they have good and bad points. Nothing’s perfect…that is except my Star BM. Shit’s brilliant as fuck. :cowboy_hat_face: :+1:

5 Likes

You want to hate something? Have you seen Hi-Points?

3 Likes

They are ugly but like the Glocks are rugged and can be reliable if you slightly modify the mag to fix feeding issues if you get a bad mag from the factory. They are hideous, heavy, have a crummy field strip procedure but work just fine for what you pay for them. Like I said earlier they also have a kick ass warranty unparalleled.

Too add they aren’t made to compete with the big boys, they are meant to be an affordable starting point for the financially challenged and new firearm owner. These need to exist, they have a purpose. Not everyone can afford a Glock, Sig, S&W, CZ and so on.

3 Likes

Was just saying that a Glock, even stock, is an awesome pistol, especially for how simple it is. There are other uglier and much worse pistols out there.

6 Likes

The Glock is the Honda Civic of guns. Other cars will look better, other cars will be faster, and other cars will be comfortable, but the civic will get you from A to B just fine, with a huge aftermarket and a long life time.

7 Likes

I’ve owned this pistol for years now
I didn’t actually purchase this pistol i aquired it through barter for work for someone
I kept it all this time because I like S&W and it’s servicable pistol that can be beaten up and I done really care about it
I carried it yesterday simply because I haven’t touched in a while

3 Likes

I dislike hi point pistols

1 Like

Well turns out Glock is half way there, they now offer 3 mags and Steel night sights on their pistols for about $580. If they could add a trigger thats on par with the p320 or Apex and keep it under $600 I wouldnt have an issue picking one up.

1 Like

Everyone feels this way
But as stated above for a 150 dollars at least you have a firearm
I deal with so many first time buyers on a regular basis and the biggest thing they say is that there confused because there are so many choices out there on the market
Most first time owners aren’t looking to spend 6+ on a decent firearm and most of them only have heard of Glock
There smart in the fact that they keep there product right under 600 or 500 for older models
When you show them a alternative like a M&P or a 320 they shy away because they don’t understand that These are comparable to any Glock
That being said we sell a lot of Glocks simply because first time buyers say don’t the police use this gun or something similar

2 Likes

True, too be fair 1911s are the same way. The m&p 2.0 is a better value than Glock at $480. Hi points are actually 50/50 on reliability, they do jam and have issues though. For a cheap gun the Taurus g2 ran better for me. Neither were worth it for me.

2 Likes