Glock G44 1,000 Round Review & Info

I am beginning to seriously think that most of the trouble with the new G44 is simply ammo choices and maybe a dirty pistol, mostly.

9 Likes

.22’s can be finicky pistols, tuning to a type/brand of ammo is common

I stopped watching when you said the slide cracked and will now just spread nasty rumors

j/k but surprised you dared stingers given it was cracking apart

:rofl: (achem, sorry) :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

22 brand consistency does suck, I once picked up a couple hundred rounds someone attempted to trash as I guess they thought it sucked, it all ran good for me :man_shrugging:

The fact you don’t like the missing finger groves is what Glock has worked up for you to buy the gen 6 that will debut with 6 groves (sorry again)

9 Likes

yep, spot on… to the stinger thing, had to try some hyper velocity because i think there are people out there with no clue about 22 velocity/pressure and no real clue about what certain 22 firearms will handle, so they bang away with hyper velocity, something breaks and they either do not mention the ammo or lie about it so they don’t look stupid after the fact. had this one come apart on me, i would not have hid it… hell i said “injection port” and left that in the video. anyway, yeah, anyone with any experience with 22 knows that it sucks for the most part. BUT Glock should not be making claims that it shoot anything and IF it will not hold up to hyper velocity they should definitely put that info out… so bad on them as well… to be fair here.

8 Likes

I just picked up my G44 yesterday. Took me about two years to finally get on their testing team.

5 Likes

WOW… I never ever so much as asked prior to the G44 coming out, when it did all I did was ask and BAM, I received, ,just lucky I guess or it could have been my youth shooting sports and extensive 22 background to that carried me over more than my views/subs. Anyway, REALLY want to hear your thoughts and don’t forget to take lots of notes. I have literally 8-9 pages of notes from the first 1,000 rounds. That may come i handy if someone has questions that may not have been covered in the video. Also gives me ideas on what to do for the 2,000 round review.

4 Likes

When they claim they took years to develop so that it would eat everything then fails to do so :man_shrugging:t2: I only have 1 rimfire pistol right now that doesn’t eat everything and runs dirty. Suppressed dirty. A lot of the videos I’ve seen the guns seem to be failing early. But just like anything mechanical you get some good and some not so good.

6 Likes

any manufactiurer that says their 22 will eat anything is a liar and anyone who believes that is ignorant or willfully stupid, hopefully the former

4 Likes

They said they ran I believe 120 different types and wouldn’t release it till it was perfect I believe. Glock perfection… So guess glock is a liar according to what a lot of people are posting. I want one but not until a threaded barrel version hits at not higher than 9mm pricing. As long as it will run cci standards I’ll be happy. You used a lot of different brands I rarely see around here on the shelves. Good to see it cycled those. Is the cci clean noticeably more cleaner than standard?

5 Likes

:arrow_up: This

With so much variation between brands (powder, bullet coatings, brass, etc), it’s impossible for any manufacturer to produce a gun that will cycle everything…even Glock.

5 Likes

Maybe they just now got their shit together?

4 Likes

Yup and it’s giving glock haters all the fuel to keep the dumpster fire going from Glocks own press release. I for one was extremely excited to see it and still have high hopes for it especially after seeing clovers review but I’ll still wait a bit before my cash goes out for one. I had one preordered but the earlier reviews hit and I cancelled.

6 Likes

I predict that the G44 will be a good one. Glock is not Sig. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Like all .22 semi-autos, just test different ammo and stick with a brand that works best. I believe that people will be happy with their G44’s once they find the right ammo.

5 Likes

I have about 1k rounds through my TX22 and for the price IMO I have no reason to pay more for the Glock. Military Arms Channel did a head to head with the Glock and the TX22 and I think I made the best choice between the two.

5 Likes

cci clean eh, not really, as far as fouling, well maybe but the power and primer compound is where most of the 22 nasty comes from and on that part, eh, not so much. yeah, i will run even more variety on the testing up to 2,000… ordered 10 different types i did not have laying around just a few days ago to throw in that mix. and yeah, the cci standard seemed to do fine… even cci subsonic segmented which i did not cover in the videos, but yeah, they did fine. most of the issues i THINK are related to maybe cleaning too… if you clean this thing within 500 rounds, at least a light clean, it would probably do better. we shall see once i can get the round count up to about 3,000 or so

5 Likes

YUP

4 Likes

@SteelPinger one thing about it being a Glock, they will either fix any inherent problems with the pistol OR trash the idea all together, i do not see glock continuing to build things if there are legit issues… that said, i really don’t see any smoking guns… pun intended when it comes to inherent problems… i see potential at this point, sure, but that will all be proven through further testing

@SuppressedNation_Chris i gotta feeling, knowing how glock as a company likes to operate that they wanted to come to market with something base that could potentially be sold in all 50 states and maybe get on a few rosters to do that. doing a base rather than say a CA compliant right out of the gate makes a bit more sense when trying to appease those who manage those lists (sad game that has to be played and topic for a different discussion). that said, i know for a fact that threaded barrels are available (though no “versions” yet) and larger capacity magazines, upgraded triggers and all the cool glock add ons we are used to are in the works by quite a few companies as we type here.

5 Likes

and i think that is all opinion and subjective… i like Tim, don’t get me wrong but don’t care too much for his opinions, he seems to be way more negative than positive and not always look big picture either. i will agree that the TX22 is a great pistol and there are companies out there like TK working on aftermarket stuff for it to make it even better too. as for which i would pick at this point, i am going glock, why, familiarity and fit, the price difference is negligible to me. but that is what is great about things, there are a bazillion different guns because people have a bazillion different tastes and likes. CURIOUS though, with your TX22… how many different variants of ammo have you used AND curious how many Tim used in his video, that makes a HUGE difference in the 22 world. i can guarantee i can pick at least 5 different ammunition that would make the TX22 look like a turd if i wanted to be unfair but look fair… and, some people do thins unknowingly too, hence my “ignorance” remark above.

4 Likes

no telling, the big guys are usually hard to crack, just too many rank and file indians so it is hard to start a relationship with someone who can get you in on the T&E goodies. i have phones/txt access to a lot of wigs with a lot of companies and usually back and forth with them on a regular basis, when you are talking companies like Glock, it is very “clinical” in nature

3 Likes

I’ve got a tx22 that we ran 5-6 different brands thru. Cci is our normal ammo but also pick up bulk for when family and friends come for that cheap shooting. AE suppressor, cci, gemtech and a few bulk packs we find locally is what we use the most. So far my p22, mp22 compact and tx22 have been extremely reliable. My ati 1911 only eats hot stuff but I’ve been told to send it back to get it working right. With the videos we do it has to eat cci standards or its worthless to us. I love my glocks so I’m sure the g44 will be in the safe soon.

5 Likes

i have NO luck with my P22 at all BUT in talking to Walther the chamber was re designed on the later models and I have an earlier one, so may be part of the issue. as far as 1911, my Colt (also built by Walther) will pretty much eat anything with I contribute to the same redesigned chambering that made the P22 better. my sig 1911 pretty much only cycle hot stuff.

3 Likes