Glock G44 1,000 Round Review & Info

Ruger mark three eats every thing I have feed it and is all I need in a 22 pistol.

4 Likes

good pistols, own several but again, willing to wager a dinner that i can find 5 that wonā€™t work on itā€¦ there are just TOO MANY variants out there, it is and odds game. most of your fixed barrel firearms, buckmarks, marks, victories, high standards, etc are going to be way more reliable, they feed differently and the slide mass and and travel are different as well. i made that exact comparison in this video by showing the feed ramp on the G44 next to the Buckmarkā€¦day and night and easy to see how one would be better suited for a wider variety of projectilesā€¦ and that is just the feed ramp difference along.

3 Likes

@Jtr I may have misunderstood thereā€¦ now that I read your comment again, yeah, difference between ā€œeverything you feed itā€ and ā€œanything you feed itā€

2 Likes

Yeah I was told the earlier ones were horrible. I have a new old version and my brother has the newest version and so far both have been great. I like the mp22compact over the p22 just for the pistol grip size. But the Walter meters quietest of all the pistol host weā€™ve used so itā€™s hard to kick it to the curb just yet lol I love 22 so my list of to get host is long and grows weekly lol sadly I know all will not run perfectšŸ˜¢

3 Likes

the P22 grip is small and GREAT for teaching younger children!

4 Likes

My Ruger 22/45 is very reliable with a variety of ammo brands/types for the first 100-200 rounds or so. For my specific gun, the feeding reliability quickly degrades as the guns gets dirty.

4 Likes

Yup itā€™s always the go to for the little ones.

5 Likes

pretty common with 22ā€¦ we learned with doing so many matches with our buckmarks that you gotta clean em (as least a little) at about 300 rounds, definitely by 500 or you lose accuracy and reliability pretty quick no matter the ammo and particularly on slower lower pressure match grade stuff

6 Likes

How is it opinion when the Glock has failures and the TX22 does not on the same ammo ? I am not a fan of any YT video maker on guns, Some of them are just Liars getting paid, Timā€™s second video I believe was very fair if you watch it. I have run CCI minimags, CCI SV, Federal Bulk, Remington Golden, CCI clean bore sub-sonic( blue bullets ), CCI sub-sonic, Remington sub -sonic and something else I canā€™t remember at the moment, in the first 500 with the TX22 I had one failure to feed with suppressor, which in my experience running 22 cans is about unheard of and two rounds that failed to fire. me and a friend ran at least another 500 through it last weekend and had 2 more rounds that failed to go off and one failure to feedā€¦and I never cleaned the pistol when I bought it, I just checked to make sure bore had no obstructions, and have yet to clean it. I have no issues with Glock pistols, but I donā€™t see the 22 version as anything better than quite a few other pistols. Cost is a factor for most people and the TX22 IMO is ahead of the Glock at this point, If Glock brings down the price, adds a threaded barrel then it would be a better buy than it is now.

5 Likes

I have a 22/45 Target version that was a Turd, It had way too many failures to the point I quit shooting it, Then I found a place called Tactical Solutions and bought there 4 inch lightweight upper and it became a pistol I shot all the time, it cycles anything and is more accurate, but as you posted mine also fails quick once it gets very dirty. I donā€™t even take it apart anymore to clean, I lock bolt back and spray out chamber area with WD40, run a few patches through barrel and wipe it offā€¦

6 Likes

hereā€™s Timā€™s second videoā€¦

4 Likes

the answer to this one is easy, because not all ammo works in all firearms the way it should, they are not designed the same, so just common sense. opinions are not a bad thing and neither are experiences but they are not facts

4 Likes

interesting, i have two target model Rugers that seem to do fine with most ammoā€¦ so again, i point to the wild inconsistencies of 22 firearm sand ammunitionā€¦ as someone who has fired literally hundreds of thousands of 22 rounds (maybe even millions) and experiences literally hundreds of 22 firearms, it starts to become blatantly obviousā€¦ but even outside of the realm of opinion/experience, just the sheer numbers of designs in ammo and firearms within the 22 market leaves tons of room for the probability of issues with anything. oh, and, some handle dirt a bit better than others but overall 22s do not like to be dirty for sureā€¦ so comparing one that really requires a cleaning every 200 rounds to one that requires a cleaning every 500 is not a valid comparison when you shoot 500 rounds through both then call the first one junky. it just needs to be maintained more often. some cars requires this same approach with regular maintenance, so nothing new really.

4 Likes

Why are we linking a YouTube video here on FULL30? LOL

4 Likes

appreciate the link but i stopped watchingā€¦ within the first 4 minutes he admitted to assumptions and is projecting that everyone is just going to run junky ammunition. this may be true in some cases but i donā€™t agree with the premise. and as i said earlier i think, this is the problem i have with Timā€¦ rather than tell you the good and the bad, he hyper focuses on the bad, all the time. now, could there be something to what these guys are saying, sure, but i have yet to see extreme issues of any kind and i am not alone, it is mostly the big dogs making these claims and then their minions regurgitating it into social media to look like it is a bigger issue than it is. and i have a problem with that. there are a lot of smaller channels and even viewers/followers/supporters of mine that have these and have had no significant issues. further, if it were a big huge issues (which again, it may end up being) then Glock would no doubt address it, yet they havenā€™tā€¦ at least yet. all this said, i am not going to sit here and say that my testing is done. i have 10 more different types of ammunition on the way and will continue on for hopefully 3,000 rounds. assuming that no glaring issues jump out, i will probably clean and move on to accuracy testing. i have already had requests for that type of stuff.

4 Likes

One of the best .22s Iā€™ve owned thus far has been my Ruger SR22. Iā€™ve run everything from CCI Minimags down to Aguila 60 grain subsonics through it and it devours them all.
I have never tried any hyper velocity ammo in it, and I donā€™t have any desire to lol. Iā€™ll save that for my rifles.

4 Likes

Its even more puzzling when the YT video posted is on the front page of F30, seen that a time or two :facepalm:

4 Likes

ā€¦ and SEE, HERE is what people FAIL to seeā€¦ i have had horrible luck with any SR22 I have every shot, pretty much the exact same issues as the earlier model P22sā€¦ so again, everyone does their own thing and when you couple that with the almost infinite number of variables at playā€¦ well, 22 SUCKS in a way doesnā€™t it. LOL on the hyper velocity stuffā€¦ i donā€™t like shooting that in pistols either and if i do i like them to be fixed barrel models at the very leastā€¦ mostly i reserve hyper velocity for a bolt or lever rifle.

4 Likes

shame, shame FOR shame BAHAHAHA

3 Likes

Only thing that sucks about my particular SR22 is the stupid UPSIDE DOWN safety! Why Ruger? Why?!!
They always do something stupid like that!
The magazine disconnect safety is another stupid idea (mine no longer exists :smiling_imp:).

I totally agree with you, that each .22 is different, and .22 ammo is wildly inconsistent across the board. It must be ridiculous to try to make a reliable pistol geared towards this round.
My Buckmark runs great when itā€™s clean, but as soon as it gets a little crud in it, it starts to malfunction. I used to have a few different Ruger Mark IIs and they would keep running completely filthy.

3 Likes