Glock vs 1911 2020

with a Glock about the only thing you need to beat into someone is keep finger off trigger till on target and ready to shootā€¦no hammers to be mindful of what position it is in, no safety levers to move one way or the otherā€¦that is more to think about and manipulateā€¦less steps to load and fire is always better for most people, just because you started on a 1911 does not mean itā€™s easier for the majority of people.

4 Likes

same steps for both,

now to draw and fire might add you a step provided you were locked :wink:

4 Likes

Oh, I know It, fuken troll!! But considering he has to dance for extra $$$ under the alias ā€˜Candy Appleā€™, Iā€™ll cut him some slackā€¦

4 Likes

That is precisely why I said this:

Different strokes for different folks. Iā€™ve taught newbies using a Star BM, the Canik TP9 and even a wheel gun among others. Neither is more better than the other. All were perfectly fine as teaching tools. In my opinion safety, operation, trigger control and basic handling are variables that the trainer has a great impact on. So we can agree to disagree. :cowboy_hat_face: :+1:

As long as a newbie is trained properly I personally donā€™t care what type of firearm they learn on. The training is the important bit in all of this yes? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

In the looks and trigger department definitely.

4 Likes

You do realize I used to be a 1911 guy right? And you never disagreed :thinking: I still think its a fine weapon but it takes more commitment to be a dedicated 1911 guy. Still a cool platform. If I was in a Glock forum I would be shutting on Glocks more, its the way of the troll.

4 Likes

Glock is undoubtedly easier to learn to use and maintain. It makes sense for them to be a military sidearm more than a 1911.

Thereā€™s still guys that love the pistol and got it to work just fine. I have a friend that carried one in Vietnam and has carried one since, cant get him to say a bad thing about it. He can shoot the rattle trap pretty decent too.

Hereā€™s a neat read from a former CAG guy on why he liked the 1911. Supposedly he only had two in over a decade of his service. Iā€™m sure they have a lot more resources then most of the military though.

5 Likes

Pretty much. I like arguing. Truth be told I like both but lack the knowledge to tune a 1911 myself thats the only drawback for me

6 Likes

I knew you were jf89 in disguise.

6 Likes

A few of us here have played 'devils advocate ā€™ once or twice, just becauseā€¦ :rofl:

5 Likes

My lame reply: ā€œClear bias since neither is belt-fedā€.
But actually, what handguns do you prefer?

5 Likes

or just extending the conversation?

3 Likes

Any that Joe Bob donā€™t prefer.

3 Likes

I prefer them all depending on what day of the week it is.

5 Likes

Yes

4 Likes

I may be too sick to argue with you now. lol hope I ainā€™t got that corona crap. I have flu like symptoms and I had a flu shot three months ago.

4 Likes

Well that sux, hopefully itā€™s not a zombie virus either.

Are you going to the doctor ? I would if I was you.

4 Likes

Donā€™t forget your vitamins

4 Likes

That was @LonewolfMcQuade when he had hair in the 80s

4 Likes

Nah, not now anyway.

4 Likes