Glock vs 1911 2021

Looks like we haven’t had one of these threads this year.

For some colorful commentary from the last thread on this:

• Glock
  • Neither
0 voters
3 Likes

I still feel like the Glock is simpler but ugly and not very refined. The 1911 has a nicer trigger and better shootability (for me). If I knew how to tune a 1911 and fit parts properly than I would like the 1911 far more.

5 Likes

I am currently trolling on another forum full of Glockaphiles, several points I have made:

1. Glock triggers are only liked by people who bang fat chicks

2. antifas and SJWs seem to prefer Glocks. That means Glocks are literally so simple that a simp can use it.

9 Likes

I don’t have a 1911 but I do have a Glock that is small and very concealable. After having shot a 1911 not too long ago I will eventually get one. The Glock will shoot minute of bad guy but the 1911 was hitting small rocks at farther distance without a problem.

6 Likes

Glocks are great. They’re so disposable. When you shoot somebody and the cops take it as evidence you don’t even care.

6 Likes

The RIA 1911 I had was as reliable as any Glock I have owned. They are similar in price too.

Magazines are more hit or miss though.

7 Likes

Yes both

I have a glock, got a Beretta M1951 that is 1911ish I suppose

Still plan to maybe get a 1911, it’s on my bucket list, list of guns I want in my bucket lol

7 Likes

I never did like the way a Glock felt in my hand so went with my training and picked the 1911 between the two, I have a Springfield Loaded that had some custom shop work, just a dream to shoot!
No big choice for me though because if it REALLY mattered I’d have one of my 226’s at hand…

9 Likes

Empty it’s still a war club.
We should have a contest to see which one could pound xiden’s brains out first.

Oh wait… never mind.

7 Likes

Just have to get reputable brand mags, I use mostly Wilson

5 Likes

I guess it depends on purpose. I absolutely love my 1911s and if it is pride of ownership then they are the winner. I’d have to say that it would be Glock if it were a “going to battle” scenario, primarily for capacity. The bulk of my trigger time is behind Glocks of several models and that is what I am most comfortable with.

3 Likes