Gold or Guns?

What do you think will be worth more later. i’m thinkin of buying some gold coins, not the new ones. i’m lookin at the old original coins. they are no higher than the new ones. I have always been intrigued by old silver coins and have a few from when i was very young. but silver has not done much in value increases over the years. gold has gone crazy. i almost bought some when it was close to 800 an ounce.

I always wanted to find a gold coin with my detector but that probably ain’t never happening.

8 Likes

Guns get ya gold :yep:

8 Likes

Neither may be sold if a social credit score system is imposed and you fail to merit

However you certainly will as you do now, I can’t see a change, unless you fail to turn in your guns…

Back to your question, the right gun purchase would blow gold away, selling black market plastic guns in an apocalyptic scenario may do the same, golds history vs the dollar

100 years ago an ounce of gold was

what about a dollar?

nominal, in name only, fake not real, :rabbit: :hole: :warning:

Anyhow, the :elephant: in the room

You better decide to do something other than bank your cash

8 Likes

If you have enough firearms to protect yourself and family. You dont need to stockpile extras. Ammo would be a better buy.

Gold is worthless during a collapse. Its worth too much so the only value is after the collapse. But then everything we be digital and gold will not matter any more. You will be trading it in for ones and zeros.

Scrap silver coins is a better investment. Before and after it will keep its value. During it can be used for barter. All silver coins are small enough to be used every day. In history they used to cut up silver doubloons into 4 pieces and use them for barter.

8 Likes

Make sure if you keep your Gold or Silver in a Bank or and IRA you have a reputable company. Saw an article the other day where the bank took peoples Gold and Silver out of the bank and used it. The shelves were empty. Somewhere in Maryland or Delaware I think. I use Money Metals Exchange and It’s Stored in Idaho.

9 Likes

If I would ever buy gold it would stay in my possession.

11 Likes

I second that sentiment . There is no way in this world you trust someone else with something like that. And I will also add silver to the stays with me list.

8 Likes

If those poor saps that had that Gold in a bank placed it in accounts what would they expect. A solid metal lock box with about 5 locks made out of 1/2 plate steel would work nicely.

8 Likes

I trust a gold or silver IRA more than a 401K invested in the stock market. I’ve take several withdrawals from my 401K and rolled them into a precious metals IRA. Not sure how much longer the stock market will be propped up before it tanks.

8 Likes

How is one better than the other ? unless you actually get to possess the money or gold both can disappear in a computer stroke…

9 Likes

Gold AND silver (junk silver and bullion silver) AND the other precious metals, platinum, palladium, and copper jacketed lead. They do make 1/10 oz gold pieces but they’re smaller than a dime. Nothing I want to try to hold onto in my pocket.

If you’re buying a loaf of bread it’s sorta hard to make change for a $2000 ounce of gold. But junk silver? Easy. Same goes for an ounce of silver, easier to make change for than an ounce of gold. And many uses for cartridges, use, and barter. A few rounds of .22 rimfire will potentially feed a family. The family doesn’t have a .22? Well you can’t help everyone, sux to be them.

Trust no one or any institution with it. You must take possession of it or you don’t have gold or silver. Protecting it is another use for copper jacketed lead.

9 Likes

I certainly have enough guns and ammo if needed, have no place to put anymore really. I am not preparing for a civil war, i personally don’t think the American people have the guts to fight one now. sure there will be some but not enough. i have had stocks and bonds for many years and they have always done good until they installed this dick head we have now.

Banks are not paying hardly anything in interest now, thought it would be good to diversify some funds. i definitely would not trust anyone with my gold. it would stay with me. i also would only buy the old original coins. not the new minted stuff. but those old 20 gold pieces are 2100 to 2500 a coin. OUCH.

9 Likes

Probably might be better than gold is storage of food and water. i am not a doomsday prepper though.

9 Likes

ABSOLUTELY :100: % CORRECT!!!

8 Likes

My saying:

While my rich friends invest in gold, silver and platinum…

I invested in copper, brass, and lead.

Who needs money

8 Likes

Lol

8 Likes

Unfortunately, for taxes you have to shelter your retirement funds.

8 Likes

By the way I have guns and ammo! And I a good portion of guns are 80%s

8 Likes

What retirement funds ? :joy:

7 Likes

Won’t be much help during the Civil War

9 Likes