Good news in California

I honestly didn’t think this was even close to possible in this state.

18 Likes

This is the best line in this article.

“He ruled that magazines holding more than 10 rounds are “arms” under the U.S. Constitution, and that the California law "burdens the core of the Second Amendment by criminalizing the acquisition and possession of these magazines that are commonly held by law-abiding citizens for defense of self, home, and state."

It now allows for “acquisition”. Something we couldn’t do before. We could keep and use them but not buy any. Will be doing some shopping soon.

12 Likes

This is excellent news. When will this take effect? I have to let my daughter know who is currently in CA.

8 Likes

Trying to confirm but I think immediately. From what I can tell the ruling “Declared the law unconstitutional and permanently enjoined from being enforced.”

This is one of those I need confirmation sources things but I’m looking. Seems the CRPA was pushing this. I’ll see what more I can find.

10 Likes

Here’s the judgment. Page 85 shows the ruling.
It’s true!!!

11 Likes

Thank you.

6 Likes

Somebody better check on Lucifer. He might need a jacket!

9 Likes

Hell ya!! I got busy so I’m only on page 12, but damn this is a good read. I love this judge. He’s ripping the AG and California a new one.

6 Likes

It only addressed the ownership of the mag. It didn’t change the definition of a California “assault weapon”. A semi automatic firearm, loaded with more than 10 rounds, is still restricted. That’s garbage!!!

5 Likes

Well it address our ability to “acquire” them now.
Very specifically handguns sold into Ca will not have to ship with 10rnd mags while other states get 10+.

I would also think that this decision would be a serious challenge to the “fixed mag over 10rnds = assault weapon” section of that particular Penal code.

Time will tell. It’s a minor victory to be sure but unexpected by me at least. I think (hope) it provides a bit of momentum for further decisions.

8 Likes

Suck it Commiefornia!

7 Likes

Now let’s take it national-

8 Likes

^ This.

If we can somehow ditch the mag ban and reverse some of the anti-gun stuff in CO my wife and I would move there now while we wait out moving to ID.

Yes, we (cough) I hate Texas so bad it is actively stressing me out living here. I hate it here with every molecule in my body.

4 Likes

It definitely opens up options for alternate firearms; 870DM, Mossy MVP.

The MVP patrol scout with a Magpul D-50??? Cut the barrel to 13.7” with a pinned muzzle device… put the Flex chassis on with some AR furniture… add a light and RDS… CA-AWB be damned!!!

I’m waiting for 870 and M500 barrels to catch up in technology with AR barrels. A 14” barrel with a 4” screw in choke and comp, brazed into place, to make an 18.5” OAL.

6 Likes

I’d like to see the whole frickin’ handgun roster dumped.

6 Likes

It sure sounds like California caught one of the few breaks in firearms industry. We hope and work for more in a hostile environment.

5 Likes

The HG roster is bullcrap

5 Likes

Amen, it’s BS.
I’m fortunate to have a daughter out of state. Gets me around that. But it’s just not right.

6 Likes