Good News - our youth isn’t completely lost

Teenager flying alone just gave up his aisle seat in exchange for a center seat so a family with a disabled child could sit together. He did it of his own volition- without being asked.

All is not lost. Things like this give me hope for the future.

15 Likes

Feel good story of the day. :+1:

I’ve always felt today’s youth was just fine and pretty much the same as all the previous generations.

The real issue with today’s youth is they’re on the front edge of coming of age in a world overrun with technology. Technology that insists on putting the worst of them on full display. So they’re not all asshats, they just have a major PR problem.

8 Likes

There is hope.
But we need to keep the liberal education system from brainwashing them.

9 Likes

Well I also witnessed today 3 people traveling together. Two men and a woman. We’re on the bus and two seats open up. Both men sat down and left the woman standing. So, yeah.

6 Likes

What age ranges were these said individuals?

3 Likes

I’d guess mid 20’s

3 Likes

Exactly. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

The youth of today have no idea or notion of the respect for woman or there elders
I believe the main culprit of this is that both parents must work to survive and our children are raised by social media and other children they interact with

6 Likes

I have to believe homeschooling is the only option. Not everyone can, I understand that but Homeschooling co-ops might be an answer.
Teach respect, courtesy, and the three R’s and actual, non revisionist, history.

6 Likes

If I were there I would have given the woman my seat but made sure I was vocal about how the men she was with were no gentlemen.

5 Likes

Either both of those guys were douchebags or the woman insisted upon being treated as an equal?

5 Likes

I’ll put my money on the douchebag theory.

6 Likes

I as well…

6 Likes

Oh, I was vocal.

5 Likes

more than you can imagine

My 16 yo Daughter now has her Possession and Acquisition License (Minor)

4 Likes

Sometimes I feel our World is going to absolute shit. There’s just no right answer nowadays. My 21 yo son was excoriated as a sexist jerk once at a restaurant when he attempted to hold a door open for a lady he guessed to be in her mid 30’s.

3 Likes

Without a description of the condition of the disabled child, maybe this young fellow just didn’t want to sit next to a screaming, drooling kid.
Less charity and more self preservation.
Just a thought.

2 Likes

That’s a shame. Opening a door for a lady when you are her companion should be a normal thing. And if you do it when you’re not their companions, you should get a ‘thank you’, just as you would if you held it open for a man. Do men get upset when another man holds the door? Do they get upset when a woman holds it? I open and hold doors for people all the time, no matter what they are. If I’m there and they’re going my way, I hold it because it’s common fuckng courtesy. People need grow the fuck up!

3 Likes

No that wasn’t it. There wasn’t any screaming or drooling. Just a grown up dwarf(yes, dwarf - not little person) with some disfigured facial features.

1 Like