Good parts from Willy the Kids Intro thread

That red spot on the southern coast? That’s where we live.

6 Likes

While those area are red, things like CCW permits are up to the Sheriff’s discretion. And while red areas from what I understand it’s quite hard to get a permit. We here in Orange County are lucky to have a reasonable Sheriff who lightened the burden after the Peruta decision.

8 Likes

Are things improving? I read there was a possibilty of the sc getting involved in some of it.

2 Likes

Awesome. That’s San Diego. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Orange County - northern tip of the red spot.

5 Likes

Regrettably no. The SC opted to not hear the case. I don’t know if that precludes them from hearing it at a later date or that’s just the end of it. I was hoping they wouldn’t take it to the SC until we had better odds. But a 7-2 decision to not hear the case is a bit overwhelming.

5 Likes

Welcome!!!

4 Likes

Disapointing, it backs up the fact that the SC is scared or unwilling to touch 2A cases.

2 Likes

Well, the hope is that with Kavanaugh in there as well this may change.

2 Likes

:heart:

2 Likes

I’m not a big Glock fan, but I’m forced to carry one on duty everyday. My duty G17 has 21 round Pmags, and launches 124gr +p hollow points. If I was just trying to kill squirrels, then maybe I’d go to the anemic 5.7x28 (which is just a .223 short). The FiveSeven can get up to a 30 round mag and has just about a half dozen options in loads. The Glock gets up to 32 round mags (50/100 round drums), uncountable varieties of loads and has an actual aftermarket in quality upgrades.

For a “first gun”, the reasons you listed as a downside are reason enough to reconsider. I owned the FiveSeven for about 2 weeks. Luckily I didn’t lose anything on it. It just wasn’t my cup of tea.

2 Likes

I would advise renting or asking around to see if someone else has a Five seven around to try shooting it.

I personally didnt like the recoil impulse, the trigger and the cost of ammo.

1 Like

Welcome, William! Howdy.

1 Like

Now a canned reply?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Perhaps we should close this thread since Wiilie the Kid is no longer with us?

2 Likes

So rather than close the thread I opted to keep the parts that were unrelated to “The Kid” as they were good discussion and move them to this new thread.
Willy’s thread is closed.

No need to welcome someone no longer here.

1 Like

Awsome, now we have to hear @Chuparosa talk about his new rifle :laughing:…I kid I kid. :+1: