Good thoughts on BAD Levers

@ARNWRKR, MEGA TWINS awesome rifle 2 times👍

4 Likes

As a LE rifle instructor, I would be comfortable flopping either way. If the student was new to rifles, I’d probably refrain from pushing them toward an “enhanced” rifle. Same if the student had “X” installed, and that was causing issues. I’d suggest/assist in removal of “X” before continuing.

I will be the last person to poopoo an accomplished rifle operator or his gear, especially if he isn’t having any issues with “X”. I trust that there are some who can train past barriers that others have yet to cross.

4 Likes

It takes people willing to train though, from what ive seen and been told alot of us civies and even alot of cops dont really train much ,if at all(outside of qualifications for cops). I would never advise people who are new or dont train much to add more chit to the mix. I feel ,at least for myself that keeping it simple and refining the basics gets better results.

3 Likes

There is a metric-shit-ton of truth here.

I suck at emoji things… so just imagine a big, double, thumbs up!

3 Likes

I have never had an issue with the Phase 5 or the Magpul unit. But I see plenty of guns that have had issues with them. I run a full ambi LWRC myself… but I have a few fun guns that have them on them. I am not a fan of a lot of bolt on crap on any weapon. Snags or other problems are just that. But I do like the BAD levers to locking BCG back.

3 Likes

Free will/ arrogance’s is a hard thing to over come for the most part.[quote=“Robocop1051, post:28, topic:7160”]
There is a metric-shit-ton of truth here.
[/quote]

I agree 100% with this!

As a past instructor this was a hard factor to over come. Students would come in an try to show me how they shoots??? Dude you came hear… try to learn something.

The other hand is a group of alphas! It’s hard to get there attention.
What worked for me is let the war story’s subside “wait for the lull” I would stand up raise my AK47 and shoot a 12”x12” target at 300 yards, heat the “ping”… now I have your attention.
Nothing focuses a class like “I want to do that” teach me!

5 Likes

Holy smokes do I see this in the shop even… I try to diplomatically explain this or that, and inevitably I get “my buddy is a Navy Seal… and he says…”
Hey, I am not knocking any NAVY SEAL… but holy crap, I have met more than one and I can tell you as a professional gun smith that they are not Gods and they do not know everything. Especially about weapons. Like how to build them or do advanced maintenance.
In either case… the ignorance shines through so I smile… because I know damn well they are just bullshitting me anyway.

5 Likes

Who are you responding to? Ive taken classes under legit instructors that can be verified. The btdt guys are not gods but some do have alot to teach in terms of using guns in a serious context.
I got my info from an actual instructor at a class not a gunshop though. I dont agree with everything an instructor says but I do take into consideration what is being taught in the same way I would listen to an Electrician when it comes to working on electrical or a plumber working on plumbing. Again, to each his own.

1 Like

I’ve discovered its not always about someones ability to teach as it is someones ability to listen,

Sometimes the little retired lady can offer up more than the working expert

3 Likes

I think I was sort of responding to switchpod ? I do not know how to tag or anything…

2 Likes

To quote you can highlight it like to copy but the option will appear in a grey box underneat te copy option.

1 Like

jf89Leader

3m

To quote you can highlight it like to copy but the option will appear in a grey box underneat te copy option.
Like that?

1 Like

:thinking:
I do not think I am doing that right…

1 Like

I just highlight it then a quote box pops up. Im on a phone though, might be different.

1 Like

Oh, got it. Thanks! Hahhahaha I didn’t wait for the box to pop up. Hahhahaha

2 Likes
3 Likes

No problem. :+1:

2 Likes

This is true, as long as the old lady has experience wit what she is talking about. Ive always believed everyone has something teach if you are willing listen.

2 Likes

I like the bad lever, I use it all the time. granted I am no professional. I put them on all the AR15’s cause I got used to them and when I took one out that didn’t have it I kept trying to hit the lever when it wasn’t there. I put Phase 5’s on all the AR10s. I like them better.

3 Likes

Never used one before my AR10 build. I was having bolt hold open issues with magpul mags (Lancer and KAC worked fine) and after two other big name top shelf standard bolt catches didn’t work . Took some advise and went with the PHASE 5. Works as advertised and locks open with every mag. I’ll probably still slap the side or use my thumb after mag insert because I have thousands of reps doing that.

FWIW a side note I hate ambi selectors. When firing from the “off” shoulder I just use my index finger as God and Eugene Stoner intended. Even the short throw ambi selectors stick into my trigger finger, not a fan.

3 Likes