Goodbye Friend

Scrappy 07/29/14 12/15/22

To painful to get into details, it was not expected, this is his last photo taken two days ago

This one is from Dec 1 this year

And his first Christmas outfit eight years ago

Really hard to have to bury him today, icy cold and gloomy, lots of tears, we had to remove his food bowl, bed, Christmas stocking and gifts also, I realize I took his being here for granted, his loss made me more aware of other things, people, I have also taken for granted , I have learned from his passing.

Goodbye Scrappy Doodle Doo :sob:

11 Likes

Sorry to hear Robert, my sons dog passed yesterday. he called my crying a bit. they had her a long time. They are like children and really hurts to lose them.

11 Likes

Sorry about your loss Robert. It is hard to lose a pet. They do become a part of the family.

10 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. I’m sure that he enjoyed having you in his life every bit as much as you enjoyed being in his.

10 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. I know mine are family.

9 Likes

Sorry for your loss Robert, so very tough to lose them. We lost the last one 2 years ago and it still hurts.

8 Likes

I lost my Bentley in Oct. From a freak accident . I was at work and couldnt leave . Everytime I see his pic in my phone it rips my heart out . He truly was my best friend . Goodbye my buddy . So sorry Robert my heart goes out to you :heart: :sleepy:
May Scrappy always be in your heart.

10 Likes

My pic of Girlie riding shotgun is still my phone’s wallpaper. We all seem to know how hard it can be. They seem to become such a part of the family and us.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

I have decided they must be waiting in Heaven for us to come home.

10 Likes

Sorry you lost your pup. They become part of our lives so quickly.

9 Likes

Sorry for your family’s loss, cherish and smile at the memories of your best friend.

9 Likes

It is hard to see them go . I just dont feel right without a dog in my life .

8 Likes

Robert I’m so sorry for your loss, One of the hardest things to do is see them pass. They are Gods gift to man.

10 Likes

Sympathy to you Robert, and your family.
We lost our Little Man in January.

10 Likes

Thank you everyone, its crazy, the emotions are vast, I value all of your replies.

And now I empathize with all your losses as well, never did before, my wife reports the same, tells me of people she knew who lost pets and how she didn’t understand their grief, how does a little dog end up in your heart is still a mystery but I think the answer is somewhere in being human, difficult pill to swallow when you spend your life distancing feelings and being tough, but I think I like it :slightly_smiling_face:

Love you all, thanks for being here and being my friends, didn’t realize I needed or had any but happy I do :hugs:

9 Likes

Very sorry. From your posts I can see you have all the comfort you need.

8 Likes

Sorry for your loss.

8 Likes

Thank you, yesterday we welcomed this guy into the family

He’s doing great, had to grieve but now have to live on, we’re calling him scrappy also, thought against it at first but no other name came to mind, and there was no denying we were trying to replace him, searching out the closest most likely resemblance, hopefully demeanor too, so here he is, Scrappy II :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Congratulations! It’s a boy!

Very happy for you guys.

9 Likes

He’s a cutie !!!
:heart:

8 Likes

He looks like he will be full of personality. A sweetie for sure.

7 Likes