Got a letter from my Senator yesterday.

Letter in reply to my objection to HR127:

Dear Elena:

Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts regarding firearms and gun control. I share your concerns and welcome the opportunity to respond.

Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) introduced H.R. 127, Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act, on January 4, 2021. This legislation would ban certain types of ammunition, create a federal registry of firearm owners and ban certain individuals from owning firearms, among other restrictions. This bill has been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary for further consideration. Similar legislation has not been introduced in the Senate.

I do not support any further gun control. We as Americans must protect and preserve our constitutional right to bear arms. I will not support any legislation that will hinder the ability of law-abiding citizens to acquire a firearm.

The Second Amendment reads: ā€œA well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.ā€ I firmly believe this provision prohibits the federal government from denying citizens this right.

Burdening law-abiding citizens of this country with additional gun restrictions is not the answer to safeguarding the public. As gun control advocates continue to seek creative methods of advancing their agenda, both through legislation and litigation, I will continue to oppose all efforts to weaken Second Amendment rights.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please feel free to contact me in the future on this or other matters of interest to you. For more information about the issues before the U.S. Senate as well as news releases, photos, and other items of interest, please visit my Senate website, http://crapo.senate.gov .

Sincerely,

Mike Crapo

United States Senator

MDC:AG

12 Likes

One hero, how many more do we need now to send those demons back to hell?

10 Likes

Very cool I got one from Suzy Collins a week or so ago regarding a letter I sent her about her vote to impeach President Trump. Her reply is not worth the space it would take up here, Iā€™m glad you have a good one out there and hope we have more patriots in the swamp.

10 Likes