Grand Opening 16th Feb - Venice FL

We just finished moving to a new larger place in Venice, FL. Anyone in the area is welcome to stop by on Feb 16th for our Grand Opening.

12 Likes

Just might :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Best of luck on your grand opening @USRS!

3 Likes

@USRS Jim how did it go?

Went well! Guessing between 50 to 75 showed up, not counting ‘us’. Lot of new guys too, some from Tampa and south to Naples. Suprised they drove so far. So was quite pleased. Also, good to see you and yours too! Wish we would have had more time to chat, but it kept pretty busy, then the computer for the sales, was having issues and I had to run the numbers on a calculator. Oh, well, such is life.

Had ATF stop by last week on Wed, so should be getting my licenses back in a few weeks. Going to start doing a lot more custom reloading as I hear some of the SASS shooters (lead), are having to pay more than expected for lead reloads. So will be doing those probably starting in Apr.

3 Likes

Do you have a website? Would love to support you

1 Like

Never mind I found it

2 Likes

Might have to take a trip over there soon

2 Likes

@Robert you live in FL?

1 Like

Nope, sold out, rode out, just a few weeks ago

you can have it, all yours :wink:

1 Like

Too hot?

2 Likes

eh, time is way too fast, wanted to try and slow it down, even if I can’t, wanted to try and reduce the blur.

2 Likes

Glad you found it, stop on by if you have time. Always good to see a fellow reloader and exchange ideas. Robert, sorry to see you go, but hope your new home is more enjoyable.

1 Like

Already is, neighbors are Fox, Deer, Turkeys and thats just what I’ve seen

we’re planning a garden, :man_farmer: already have canning supplies, and have a pefect area to get our daughter a horse :horse: , ok, dad wants to ride also :cowboy_hat_face:,

but don’t worry, I plan a nice reloading room :ammo: and I haven’t paced it off but 200 yards looks very doable for backyard shooting :mosin:

2 Likes

horse?
just cheaper to have another kid…

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like you carry hornady brass or hornady 45-70 FTX bullets. Is that brass you carry as good as hornady’s?

1 Like

I believe so yes. Have a lot of guys come in and I special order Lapua or Hornady for them. The Hornady guys many times come back and try the Starline and say it is about as good as the Hornady. Lapua however, is a different matter.

I haven’t stocked the FTX for awhile, as no one wanted them the last year or two so never restocked, most went for the XTP. Couple of guys told me the last round of the FTX didn’t always chamber correctly. Me, I don’t know, as I don’t shoot the 45-70, so I just pass on what I hear on it. Did use both of them in my .444 Marlin, and didn’t really notice much of a difference. Worked fine on deer, was hoping to get drawn for a politician this year, but looks like another year where I won’t get a tag. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s strange, I’ve never had an issue with the loads not chambering. FTX requires a shorter cartridge than most 45-70 reloads so I wonder if they’re trimming them to the correct length. Anyway, I’ll probably order some of those and see how they run.

I do want to reload lapua rounds but my press won’t take that round. I’m looking for a single stage that can do it. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Depending upon what you want to spend, a Lee cast press or if you want to spend more, you can never go wrong with a RCBS RockChucker. If you are interested I have a used Lee cast press for $70, good shape, about a year old. Customer traded it in for a Lee Turret press.

1 Like

For this round I want the best press available not sure what that is though. Haven’t done much research on long range reloading yet

1 Like