Great news fans

Now that I’m out of my ling hospital stay, I was able to complete the paperwork for Glock. I have requested a G44 to be sent in for review. I’m really looking forward to getting this in. A local range had one for sale for $370, which isn’t all that bad. With a price point like that, this could be a great range day handgun.

8 Likes

I look forward to your report @Tactical_Reviews. Tim at Military Arms Channel recently tested his new G44. It seems to like 40 grain Federal bullets based on his initial 200 round test. Apparently it had some hiccups with 38 grain Federal. He didn’t have time to test 36 grain. His only complaint so far is the typical gritty Glock trigger.

9 Likes

so its a 22lr?
from glock?

thats cool

8 Likes

Very cool indeed. Taurus also makes a newer .22 semi-auto. This may become a new market trend now that Glock has jumped in???

7 Likes

thats a neat little guy, I like 22’s

these walther clones are super accurate

8 Likes

I’m not a fan of the Glock trigger, I’ve shot several Glocks in 9mm, .40, .45, and 10mm. The triggers are sloppy. I’m a huge fan of good quality triggers. Best guns are still junk with junk triggers. A good trigger can make even a bad gun shoot good.

9 Likes

Same here. I’ve been a trigger snob ever since my first custom revolver trigger. I rarely keep factory triggers in anything now. Even a minor trigger upgrade can significantly improve accuracy…and the gun is much more enjoyable to shoot overall.

9 Likes

Oh, I like those. -added to want list-

6 Likes

This is especially important in wheelguns and DA semis. Which is why the Canik TP9DA is on my love it list. Such a great DA trigger pull.

7 Likes

Those are Bersa’s, model 23 which was discontinued, everyone who shoots them loves them

I sold the one, missed it, was fortunate to buy it back, the seller then quickly wanted it back, the other I found NOS on gunbroker and I paid the asking price

Heres the good news, while they are not blued or have walnut grips I believe (not certain) this is the same gun right down to mag compatibility

7 Likes

We have a matching .22 for more than a few of our firearms.
I started that in 1980
ACE / 1911
Diamondback/ Python
AR 15/ M&P 15/.22
Winchester 94 / 9422
M&P .45 / M&P .22
If not for .22’s I’d be shooting way less.
Liking the new .22 Taurus. Been getting great reviews
It might fillet my NO MORE resolution shortly

7 Likes

uh-ooh

danger time

https://pa.egunner.com/auction-Glock_G43X_9mm_-20761

6 Likes

It’s overpriced.

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Price points like that are what makes glocks survive. You pay for what you get

5 Likes

Good for you Glock shooters! It’s about time!

I really like .22s also. But I like shooting and I find that even .22 shooting has value.

Sure, I have .22s that aren’t understudies for any other “real” guns, but I REALLY like .22s that have bigger brothers. Like a rimfire that acts like a FS 1911. Or a .22 conversion for the SIG 938. Not that the 938 can be called a bigger brother to anything. It’s more like a slightly older midget brother.

I’m in the process of selling guns that aren’t optics ready, but I’ll be holding onto the .22 understudy/training guns that I do have.

I can understand the attraction to a Glock that shoots rimfire, but for me there is no attraction since the bigger Glocks do nothing for me at all. Maybe I’m like a salmon swimming against the tide. I know that they are hugely popular, but I just don’t like them. It’s not the polymer either. I have nothing against polymer at all and can’t remember any gun that I’ve bought in the last 15 years that hasn’t been at least part polymer.

6 Likes

I watched the 22 Plinkster video on it and hate to say was not impressed, 22 semi pistols will never be as good as centerfire semi’s…the ammo is the cheapest stuff made and to keep pistols in a certain price range means they will have issues…I don’t see it changing much for the price range.

5 Likes

Ugh, this is a bit confusing. Why are the increments increased only $0.01? Why I cannot put in a max bid? This auction site is weird.

3 Likes

I have seen lots of good feedback on the Taurus lately. The guys at my local gun shop love it. Apparently, the customers love it too.

I’m not sold on the Glock yet. Some people are reporting G44 problems already, which seems rather soon to me. I don’t know if these issues are common. Time will tell.

6 Likes

That’s an odd failure. I have to wonder, did the operator take the slide apart and put something in wrong?

3 Likes