Greetings from north Georgia

Greeting from north Georgia. (For the first time, I’m not real proud of GA as a whole but rest assured, my local county was a solid red for the election and runoff.) I’ve been playing with my “toys” for many years. Casting and reloading, as well. Retired in May of 2019. Still don’t have as much free time as I had hoped. Doing a lot of upgrades on my toys lately. Conserving fodder. My username is short for “Long Slide 10mm”, one of my favorite toys.

12 Likes

Welcome from KY.

10 Likes

Welcome from Iowa!

11 Likes

Welcome to Full 30 @ls10
Glad you’ve found us!!

10 Likes

welcome from Maine

10 Likes

Welcome from rural Oregon

11 Likes

@ls10 welcome to full30

10 Likes

Welcome from CA, the source of the “cancer”

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

You can’t just mention it and not provide at least a picture.

9 Likes

You know, I’m happy you asked for a photo of his long slide 10 as I sure didn’t want too :rofl:

Don’t worry @ls10 we still love GA

9 Likes

Welcome from north Florida! Most of our state gets it right but I’m in the capital and it is a little like the capitol in the hunger games. I’m in the red part of a blue city. I spelled it both ways because I don’t remember which is right but by today’s grading standards a 50 might be passing. Lol to bring it back to topic my favorite today is a 7.62x39 in a platform that is less traditional than usual for that round but designed by that fella named Stoner.

8 Likes

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: About the Trash category

@ls10,
Welcome to the Full30👍
Would it be possible for you to let us know what brand of toy 10 mm Long Slide you have?

8 Likes

Dan scro, why ya gotta hit the new guy so hard?

7 Likes

Welcome @ls10

9 Likes

:laughing: At least it’s beautiful out there (in most places)! Oddly enough, most folks I met while in CA seemed like good, normal folks. Imagine my surprise! :grin:

9 Likes

And…this is why I’m more of a lurker unless something really interests me.
First of all, you don’t know me well enough to know what I pretend. The only thing I pretend to be is civilized. I can usually pull that off if folks will let me.

10 Likes

Thank y’all for the welcomes.
I’ve stopped posting any photos of my toys but the one of interest is a stainless AMT Longslide Javelina in 10mm. I bought it many years ago before the 10mm became popular the first time. $465, if memory serves. I thought that was ridiculous but the guy just wouldn’t budge on the price and it was something I just had to have.

10 Likes

:+1:

Please forgive him, I suspect to much television has him in rare form and we all have off days

8 Likes

I’ve been curious about that combination as I have a pretty good supply of that flavor. It’s all steel cased. I was wondering how that Stoner design would hold up to a steady diet of steel. Any words of wisdom on that subject?

10 Likes